Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or yesterday's events might galvanize our players. Maybe. Who knows.
We need to dig deep.
We need to fight . Fight like dogs for the next month or so. Even for the rest of this season. Get our old "dogs of war" mentality back...Get through this bloody season. That's how I feel anyway........#### Everyone else.

Noticed on tv yesterday that Delph said that one of our "brothers" was badly injured. That sounds like they are all together to me. So maybe the injury to Gomes just might galvanize the team. Make them solid......determined.

Anyhow......the awful injustice that is VAR should galvanize our players.
And we should refuse to have our matches officiated by certain joke referees.
We need to stand up to these clowns. It is now becoming a bloody disgrace.
Excuse my rant........NSNO....
Didn't do much at Brighton.

Yes.....Richarlson needs to cut down on the play acting antics. But referees also need to know the difference from his play acting and when he is genuinely fouled. They are not doing their jobs properly if they are just constantly judging Richy on his reputation. Do these clowns not know a real foul when they see one.
In their eyes Richarlson is never fouled.

So yes.......Richarlson needs to stay on his feet more. But the clowns who pass themselves off as referees need to stop making decisions based on reputations.
That's not refereeing what is actually happening.

They need to start making decisions on what they actually see happen on the pitch. Richarlson (for all his antics) was fouled a few times yesterday.
The referee (not Richarlson) was a cheat for not seeing that.
Totally agree but the ref has gone into that game determined to give Richarlison anything based on his antics in previous games, and nothing is exactly what he got, the referee and the VAR team in tandem had a mare yesterday, the system appears to be getting worse with each game and we do not seem to benefit from this system.

Didn't do much at Brighton.
Ever the optimist......that's me.
We have done nothing all season. Never mind against Brighton. But we need to turn a corner soon. Or it's the championship next season.
So yes I want something to galvanize our bloody team. And yes I'm clutching at straws. As always hoping for something to happen.
So if yesterday's Var crap cannot galvanize us........I give up.

Totally agree but the ref has gone into that game determined to give Richarlison anything based on his antics in previous games, and nothing is exactly what he got, the referee and the VAR team in tandem had a mare yesterday, the system appears to be getting worse with each game and we do not seem to benefit from this system.
He’s won 2 stonewall penalty and was tripped by last man in last 2 games and not had 1 decision. Silva should be highlighting this and accusing the refs of victimisation. Whether he bring the game into disrepute or not. Them over the park bleating about offside now when it was offside. Accusing the line not been straight ffs. We should send a video in of injustices. Going back to Son he’s hit Gomes from behind without Gomes even knowing he’s been hit. And Son is the victim! What about Gomes.

Agree that's what happened yesterday. But referees should not be going into games determined to give certain players nothing. That's not refereeing.

This is where we fall short again, Silva should come out about how Richarlison is not getting what he deserves and plant it in the refs mind. Klopp and Pep do stuff like this to benefit them.

Richarlison is worse than Deulofeu for over acting now.

The problem is that he goes down all the time clutching his face. I think even our own fans are starting to not like him (me included).
Referees should be able to know the difference between a player play acting and a player actually being fouled. That's their job. It's a lazy reaction to always award Richy nothing....
Book Richarlson when he is play acting.
Give the guy a break when he is actually fouled. FFS it's just too easy to say that referees need to always rule against Richarlson.(not you by the way).Other pundits....
They(referees) are only yards away from what is actually happening.
A visit to Specsavers is needed........me thinks.
And a refresher course on how to oficiate a bloody football match.......

Last edited:
Refereeing is not an easy task, especially in the cash infused world we play in where players will do anything to gain any advantage. Richarlison goes down more often than Monica Lewinski, its part of his game. However if referees continue to not give anything then it ceases to be worth it and he'll either stay on his feet more often or we will find someone who can. VAR is a complete woft. We are simply left arguing the VAR decision as opposed to arguing the ref's decision. The ref should be allowed to go to the touchline and view the incident on a screen then confirm any decision, if suggested by the remote official. Thats it!

Status
Not open for further replies.