Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why nobody talked about this? Should have been another red and freekick

The ref gave nothing to Richarlison from the off, I'm of the firm belief that the refs are on to his antics and where there's a genuine shout as in this example they're just going to ignore it. Not only the refs but myself and many of those round about me yesterday who voiced an opinion are fed up of his antics also, how many times was he on the floor yesterday? If he spent more time concentrating on his game instead of rolling on the ground he would be so much more valuable to us.

What do you mean? Goodison is at its best when there's perceived injustice, there's a reason Arsene Wenger called it a bear pitt.

It is great when it's done in the right way, but very negative energy where I was, nothing enjoyable about being there yesterday. Andre's injury, VAR and the ref obviously didn't help.

The ref gave nothing to Richarlison from the off, I'm of the firm belief that the refs are on to his antics and where there's a genuine shout as in this example they're just going to ignore it. Not only the refs but myself and many of those round about me yesterday who voiced an opinion are fed up of his antics also, how many times was he on the floor yesterday? If he spent more time concentrating on his game instead of rolling on the ground he would be so much more valuable to us.

That should have been a red no question, Richie was tripped by Sanchez who put his leg out and note he was very quick to put his hands up professing innocence.

I thought we looked pretty solid yesterday,, only for Iwobi mistake we kept their attack quiet, Final ball was still lacking but I thought the 3 in midfield played better 2nd half. We pressed more and if the ref would have for the crucial decision correct we should have been good for 3 points. Once again we’ve got the to be more clinical in their box. Maybe try the same formation away compete win the midfield battle limit the opposition and take our chances.

Expected Spurs to beat us so can't complain with a draw, all overshadowed by that freak injury to Gomes though, it's going to have a psychological effect on the team for a few weeks at least as well as missing a key player when we really need everyone at 100%
Or yesterday's events might galvanize our players. Maybe. Who knows.
We need to dig deep.
We need to fight . Fight like dogs for the next month or so. Even for the rest of this season. Get our old "dogs of war" mentality back...Get through this bloody season. That's how I feel anyway........#### Everyone else.

Noticed on tv yesterday that Delph said that one of our "brothers" was badly injured. That sounds like they are all together to me. So maybe the injury to Gomes just might galvanize the team. Make them solid......determined.

Anyhow......the awful injustice that is VAR should galvanize our players.
And we should refuse to have our matches officiated by certain joke referees.
We need to stand up to these clowns. It is now becoming a bloody disgrace.
Excuse my rant........NSNO....

That should have been a red no question, Richie was tripped by Sanchez who put his leg out and note he was very quick to put his hands up professing innocence.
Agree totally TL my point was if he cut out his diving antics he would have more chance of getting the genuine fouls against him, I believe Atkinson went into that game knowing what Richarlison was like and was determined to give him nothing which he did, MOTD were basically hinting at VAR being corrupt giving examples of Atkinson and another ref backing each others decisions when one has been on the pitch and the other has been studying the VAR for that game.

Overall a poor display IMO, should be no reprieve for Silva, his excuse - now blaming VAR.
Yes we were poor. But there is no hiding the fact that we should have had two maybe three penalties. That would have made a difference. Three points would have made a difference.
So yes we have been poor. But for me right now it's all about grinding out a few results. Good football will hopefully follow when we start climbing the league
( or we get a new manager).

Yes.....Richarlson needs to cut down on the play acting antics. But referees also need to know the difference from his play acting and when he is genuinely fouled. They are not doing their jobs properly if they are just constantly judging Richy on his reputation. Do these clowns not know a real foul when they see one.
In their eyes Richarlson is never fouled.

So yes.......Richarlson needs to stay on his feet more. But the clowns who pass themselves off as referees need to stop making decisions based on reputations.
That's not refereeing what is actually happening.

They need to start making decisions on what they actually see happen on the pitch. Richarlson (for all his antics) was fouled a few times yesterday.
The referee (not Richarlson) was a cheat for not seeing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.