Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur.- FA Cup 5th Rd.- Wednesday - 8.15pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everton assistant manager Duncan Ferguson, speaking to BT Sport

Fantastic game, brilliant game. Defences struggled, we struggled a bit in set plays and they struggled in corners. We went 1-0 down and then got back in the game. We played a lot of good football - I started to lose count of the goals.

Couple of good goals, Dominic Calvert-Lewin got the penalty and scored one of his own, Gylfi Sigurdsson was brilliant. There were a lot of good performances on the attacking side. Spurs were putting in some good deliveries, we couldn't deal with them, considering we're a big side, fair play to them they did really well.

It was end to end, great for the fans watching at home. Great for us to go through - we showed a lot of good spirit and then Bernard pops up with the winner so it was a great game.

It was a long night for everyone so the main thing is that we've come away and won it."

Thanks for that. I couldn’t understand a bleeding word he said......

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho, speaking to BBC Sport

If you say it was fantastic, it was fantastic. I'm not a neutral.
When you score four goals, you have to win. The way we played, we should win comfortably. Attacking football and defensive mistakes.
The players gave everything. I have to admit for some of them it was not easy because you play so well and one, two, three mistakes and you're losing 3-1.
OK, I take positives. Amazing to watch."

Status
Not open for further replies.