Match Thread Everton v Them - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The angle of the photo doesn’t move where the drawn lines are, it’s offside mate. As much as we all didn’t want it to be
dude you want to keep this going fine. the line isn't straight down on the vertical which gives the impression that it's dodgy. if the picture was at the correct angle both vertical lines wouldn't deviate from a straight line which is what bothered me - because from a visual perspective vertical lines should not be at an angle - which they both are, purely because the picture is at an angle.vertical lines do not do that.

garbage picture of the point of the offside.

This says that Lampard thinks they got the call wrong though I don't see it in the interview itself

1662218050243.png

Last edited:
Pickford MOTM for all the saves, but very close second Onana and very honorable mention to Patterson as well.

Davies was really good individually, but the team overall improved when Gana came on, because it allowed Onana a lot more freedom to get forward. Seemed a lot more dynamic in the middle that way. Honestly, I think when Gana gets up to full fitness and fully bedded in, a midfield three of Onana - Gana - Iwobi could be a top-6-quality midfield by the end of the season.

Oh, and no doubt in my mind if Van Dijk was wearing a different color shirt, that would have been a red all day long.

Pickford MOTM for all the saves, but very close second Onana and very honorable mention to Patterson as well.

Davies was really good individually, but the team overall improved when Gana came on, because it allowed Onana a lot more freedom to get forward. Seemed a lot more dynamic in the middle that way. Honestly, I think when Gana gets up to full fitness and fully bedded in, a midfield three of Onana - Gana - Iwobi could be a top-6-quality midfield by the end of the season.

Oh, and no doubt in my mind if Van Dijk was wearing a different color shirt, that would have been a red all day long.
Pretty much summed up. Couldn't fault anyone again they all played well. The non red card was an absolute joke

The only thing that can be done is Big Amadou returning the favour at the Pit.
I thought he was brilliant today mate. Discipline was brilliant after the yellow…. Covered a lot of ground. Has the potential to be a box to box superstar

Maupay covered more ground than anyone else today I think. Apart from his chance I was delighted with him too!

Everton 0-0 Liverpool

The points were shared in an enthralling Merseyside derby which saw superb goalkeeping performances from Jordan Pickford and Alisson, the frame of the goal hit four times (Liverpool three, Everton one) and 37 shots attempted.
It was the most times the woodwork had been hit and also the most shots that had been taken in a Premier League game this season.
The Infogol model calculates that there was just a 3% chance of the match ending goalless based on the xG totals accrued by each team, with a 1-1 draw or 2-1 away win the equal most likely outcomes at 9%.
Merseyside derby shotmap

But while that may be true, Liverpool were largely restricted to low probability chances by an organised and stubborn Everton defence.
Their 23 attempts on goal came at an average xG of just 0.08 per shot and the Reds failed to create a single ‘big chance’ (35%+) with their best opportunity - despite Luiz Diaz, Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah all hitting the post - falling to substitute Diogo Jota (0.30) from close range deep in stoppage time.
By far the best chance of the match fell to Everton debutant Neal Maupay (0.72) who was denied superbly by Alisson.
We rated Neal Maupay's chance at 72% but Alisson denied him

We rated Neal Maupay's chance at 72% but Alisson denied him
Ultimately the performances of the Brazilian keeper and his opposite number Pickford, as well as a tight VAR call when Conor Coady had the ball in the net in the 70th minute before bring ruled offside, were the chief reasons for the match ending goalless.
After six matches Liverpool are already six points off the top of the table having played a game more.
A fourth successive draw means Everton remain winless this season but move outside the relegation zone.

I thought he was brilliant today mate. Discipline was brilliant after the yellow…. Covered a lot of ground. Has the potential to be a box to box superstar

Maupay covered more ground than anyone else today I think. Apart from his chance I was delighted with him too!
Onana was superb. Enjoy him while he’s here mate but safe in the knowledge his departure will find the next rebuilding ?

Maupay has a nasty streak that we were crying out for. Should have scored yeah but a fine showing overall.

Pickford was given man of the match but tbf anyone of the lads deserved it today. You can see what lampard is building Onana is a player and Patterson will only keep improving very impressed with both players in the last 3 games they have shone. Pickford is really starting to mature now the captains armband has obviously worked wonders for him

How can Van Dijks challenge be subjective. He clearly goes over the top of the ball and could seriously injure the player. That's the rules. We've had players sent off for a lot less.
No that’s not the point of my post.

My point was:

A challenge, you can debate whether it’s a red or not. I’m my opinion it should’ve been a red.

Offside, there’s clear lines showing he’s offside which you can’t argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.