Match Thread Everton v Them - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

….I’m trying to not get carried away with Onana but what a mature display from such a young and inexperienced footballer in such a high profile match. As well as Davies played, you could tell Lampard was desperate to get Gueye onto the pitch. That’s his 3, Onana, Gana and Iwobi.

Sure, we rode our luck and Pickford was outstanding but there are signs. For older posters, it reminded me a little of the Maine Rd League Cup Final replay which the Reds narrowly won but we knew we had the makings of improvement.

Everybody contributed today, full-backs, CBs, every individual put a shift in but Onana gets my MoM. Telling when he was struggling after the dreadful tackle, two teammates were urging him to continue. I’m trying to not get carried away, but we could have a very special talent.
True Grit.
Edit; and Gana seems a better player than when he left...though he could've been playing to orders before

Franks interview was interesting as he mentioned he is trying to improve the team from the bottom up through the team.

He certainly has improved the defence and midfield and you can see what he is trying to do here as normally we would be overwhelmed in the middle.

Just worried about goals and not winning games we should be due to lack of penetration. Hopefully this team improves that aspect as everything else looks sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.