Everton v Stoke City. Saturday 30th October @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
article-1325104-0BD64FFF000005DC-972_634x451.jpg

That's all Cahill did all game

I thought we did rather well today, don't underestimate Stoke.

Three points at 5 o'clock so I cant see why anyone complains?

Doesn't being a good side mean coming away from a game where we were utter tosh and still getting 3 points?

Stoke are a [Poor language removed] side.

We won, but we was [Poor language removed], Yakubu is utter [Poor language removed], £2m from West Ham? I will drive him there myself.

ROUNDWRONG

ITS BAIT CITY ON HERE TONIGHT.

Goat and Chico are bringing the bait to those that wanted Jol in - the bad bad kneejerkers.

Love Neville's attempt at the double glove(less).

efc__1288455784_yakubu.jpg

It's clear that they love the Yak just as much as we do.

efc__1288277919_Yakubu494fans1.jpg

Just look at that smile.

Still pisses me off to think those clueless West Ham owners offered £1 million for him. Can't wait until we play them, and the Yak rapes their [Poor language removed] defence.

Just back home from the game, thought we were terrible 1st half but improved 2nd half. Baines was good again, cahill was anonymous, and im delighted for yak getting the goal, not only for him but i had £20 on him at 9/2 1st scorer, happy days. We didnt perform today but i,ll take 3 points any time over sexy football and 1 or no points.

ITS BAIT CITY ON HERE TONIGHT.

Goat and Chico are bringing the bait to those that wanted Jol in - the bad bad kneejerkers.

No one said they wanted Jol in, his was simply a name given as requested for who could do a decent job if Moyes was no longer manager.

But don't let that get in the way of your agenda will you.

And can you go post in the "4 points off 4th place" thread please, its full of bad kneejerkers. Or the "Its on" thread.

Or the " We're gonna win the league" thread.

Any of them will do.

Just a mention for Heitinga, when he plays to that level, his distribution is a major plus for us, and he gives us much more options with his ability to make longer passes, and open the game up. That's the one thing he does have over Fellaini, and to a lesser extent Arteta, who prefer shorter passing. Sometimes we make two or three passes when one would be much more suitable, and Johnny doesn't take the piss in that area, he's excellent at switching the play.

I had to stay off the Internet all day yesterday, do to the fact the game was tape delayed.., Didn't come on until 19:30..

A couple things I think were pertinent about yesterday..

1: Pienaar looked good, I'm one of his biggest critics lately.
2: Distin was a BEAST yet again.
3: Yakubu scored a nice goal, but overall not sure he had that good of a game.
4: Saha started to show some class late, very late.
5: Heitenga looked good, again I'm a big critic of him.
6: Billy needs a run of games, I have to see this lad when confident.
7: Cahill looked a bit disinterested I thought.
8: Arteta had a solid game.

yeah were a decent side but the manager is too negative sometimes especially away from home, that's why we've only won 7 away games out of 44, when etherington doesn't have a great game stoke tend not to, k jones was awful today

Stoke is a better team when they press and don't play that negative crap. What's with Megsonesque time wasting in the 1st half and the score 0-0? Christ its not like we're Chelsea, right now we are slightly better than mid table side and our last win at home was a year before the beginning of time.

I'm not sure what the ref was doing. On corners attackers were called for fouls because it was their fault that the defenders kept pulling their shirts. Baines took a 2 foot challenge in the box. Tuncay probably should have had a goal.

As far as us being lackluster I'm not buying it. I thought we played well. Nothing was being called we were forced to play a physical game and that's not our game. Cahill was ineffective but he was also mugged the whole match, so was Saha. I'm actually shocked that we escaped injury free. Baines, Peanut and Distin had great games (can we just cut our losses and use Billy's transfer fee on Peanut's wages?). Yak has been continuing to work hard and that was a quality goal. If we could get him and Saha going then we have a good shot at 4th. They are both way overdue for a long hot streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.