Everton v Stoke City. Saturday 30th October @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoo hoo - keep climbing up the ladder! Just checked the league table. Can't wait for next week.

I was pleasantly surprised about Heitinga this week - I thought he dispossessed Stoke a lot, and in general played some decent balls upfield. Not bad...I think Moyes' comments may finally have got to him, or he's playing better since the transfer season is coming up? But hey, regardless of reason, he showed up!

Arteta looked much more creative (though his set pieces still sucked - Baines needs to take them from here on out), and I thought although Tim didn't have many high profile plays he still put in a good work effort.

Billy and Saha were the "meh" for me. Saha jogged round the pitch and just in general didn't look up for the game. He looked slow. Billy just seems to have moments of brilliance (his near goal) and brain farts (wasn't quite involved prior to that).

And finally, loved the Yak. His goal was electric and his celebration just pure joy. I love it when players just look happy to be there. And that's where he was. Yay!

All in all, solid effort (though we reverted to a defensive tired looking team in the last 20 minutes), and looking forward to next week!

Whoo hoo - keep climbing up the ladder! Just checked the league table. Can't wait for next week.

I was pleasantly surprised about Heitinga this week - I thought he dispossessed Stoke a lot, and in general played some decent balls upfield. Not bad...I think Moyes' comments may finally have got to him, or he's playing better since the transfer season is coming up? But hey, regardless of reason, he showed up!

Arteta looked much more creative (though his set pieces still sucked - Baines needs to take them from here on out), and I thought although Tim didn't have many high profile plays he still put in a good work effort.

Billy and Saha were the "meh" for me. Saha jogged round the pitch and just in general didn't look up for the game. He looked slow. Billy just seems to have moments of brilliance (his near goal) and brain farts (wasn't quite involved prior to that).

And finally, loved the Yak. His goal was electric and his celebration just pure joy. I love it when players just look happy to be there. And that's where he was. Yay!

All in all, solid effort (though we reverted to a defensive tired looking team in the last 20 minutes), and looking forward to next week!

Agree the Yak looks happy. He works hard and seems to have slimmed down too. His goal was reminiscent of the goals he used to score regularly for Pompey - at last he's scoring them for us now. As for next week, I can't wait either. One thing is for sure, Blackpool won't play two banks of four and there will be plenty of space to play. I'm expecting a comfortable win - maybe a Yak trick? :oops:

Agree the Yak looks happy. He works hard and seems to have slimmed down too. His goal was reminiscent of the goals he used to score regularly for Pompey - at last he's scoring them for us now. As for next week, I can't wait either. One thing is for sure, Blackpool won't play two banks of four and there will be plenty of space to play. I'm expecting a comfortable win - maybe a Yak trick? :oops:

Better copywrite that Pete

Just a mention for Heitinga, when he plays to that level, his distribution is a major plus for us, and he gives us much more options with his ability to make longer passes, and open the game up. That's the one thing he does have over Fellaini, and to a lesser extent Arteta, who prefer shorter passing. Sometimes we make two or three passes when one would be much more suitable, and Johnny doesn't take the piss in that area, he's excellent at switching the play.

Think he give Arteta more freedom that Fellaini as he sits very deep, dropping into the back 4 when needed to fill the hole.

Fellaini tends not to do it, is more box to box which leaves Mikky sitting very deep.

I hope Moyes sees the competition for the place rather than dropping Heitinga when Fellaini comes back. I think its better to pick and chose which games would suit either player - gives us options

Swings and roundabounts. We battered Villa but got nothing coz there was no cutting edge.
We were so-so here but a decisive moment earnt us the points.

We're about where we should be, all things considered. 4pts from our next 2 games is still the target.

Stoke is a better team when they press and don't play that negative crap. What's with Megsonesque time wasting in the 1st half and the score 0-0? Christ its not like we're Chelsea, right now we are slightly better than mid table side and our last win at home was a year before the beginning of time.

I'm not sure what the ref was doing. On corners attackers were called for fouls because it was their fault that the defenders kept pulling their shirts. Baines took a 2 foot challenge in the box. Tuncay probably should have had a goal.

As far as us being lackluster I'm not buying it. I thought we played well. Nothing was being called we were forced to play a physical game and that's not our game. Cahill was ineffective but he was also mugged the whole match, so was Saha. I'm actually shocked that we escaped injury free. Baines, Peanut and Distin had great games (can we just cut our losses and use Billy's transfer fee on Peanut's wages?). Yak has been continuing to work hard and that was a quality goal. If we could get him and Saha going then we have a good shot at 4th. They are both way overdue for a long hot streak.

i'm not just saying this but stoke rarely time waste especially that early in the game, it was bizarre to say the least, the only time we take ages is when delap is on the pitch but he didn't play sat. pulis said were trying to evolve as a club, whether that happens i don't know, we played some good stuff in the last 15 mins but overall a pretty poor game from both sides

No one said they wanted Jol in, his was simply a name given as requested for who could do a decent job if Moyes was no longer manager.

But don't let that get in the way of your agenda will you.

And can you go post in the "4 points off 4th place" thread please, its full of bad kneejerkers. Or the "Its on" thread.

Or the " We're gonna win the league" thread.

Any of them will do.

I will let Goat and Chico consult the library.

Because I'm pretty certain that there were too many saying "GET JOL IN" not so long ago.

Its not that we've pulled Jol's name out of thin air is it.

The agenda is pretty obvious lad.

Some on here are looking like kneejerkers after three or four games. That much is obvious.

You've set it up for Chico and Goat to rip you a new one!

_42354433_martin_jol_gett300.jpg

That man would have made it 12-0

moyes.jpg

Dont close the door on your way out Davey lid.

I will let Goat and Chico consult the library.

Because I'm pretty certain that there were too many saying "GET JOL IN" not so long ago.

Its not that we've pulled Jol's name out of thin air is it.

The agenda is pretty obvious lad.

Some on here are looking like kneejerkers after three or four games. That much is obvious.

You've set it up for Chico and Goat to rip you a new one!

Um are you missing the blinding obvious on purpose then or what? I actually said at the very start of my post why the name of Martin Jol was mentioned.

But that doesn't suit your agenda of bad kneejerkers and "Moyles out" does it so you ignore the evidence and put words in peoples mouths.

But yeah, there are some bad kneejerkers on here. I can point you to a few threads where they appear. You probably missed them in my original post as you didn't seem to read it very well.

You go get them bad kneejerkers mate, get 'em for me.

And by the way, does Johnny H still have my back against the snides? Been meaning to ask you that for a while. Cheers.

It's still not time to be delving into the vaults, were in eighth for now.

I was surprised to see it but emotions were running high I suppose. Still, I'd have thought more would have a bit more faith in MOyLEz, as history teaches us he usually puts it right.

Still a long way to go this season like, but it's looking much better after October. Thankfully.

It's still not time to be delving into the vaults, were in eighth for now.

I was surprised to see it but emotions were running high I suppose. Still, I'd have thought more would have a bit more faith in MOyLEz, as history teaches us he usually puts it right.

Still a long way to go this season like, but it's looking much better after October. Thankfully.

I read that earlier.

Then thought it was just sharpy after some extra strong bleach so it didn't really count.

So you admit that if history teaches us Moyes usually puts it right then that must mean he usually gets it wrong in the first place?

Um are you missing the blinding obvious on purpose then or what? I actually said at the very start of my post why the name of Martin Jol was mentioned.

But that doesn't suit your agenda of bad kneejerkers and "Moyles out" does it so you ignore the evidence and put words in peoples mouths.

But yeah, there are some bad kneejerkers on here. I can point you to a few threads where they appear. You probably missed them in my original post as you didn't seem to read it very well.

You go get them bad kneejerkers mate, get 'em for me.

And by the way, does Johnny H still have my back against the snides? Been meaning to ask you that for a while. Cheers.

I will lad. I will say "that ones from deathbyropeandglass" ... "he says Jol's a load of [Poor language removed] to Moyes".

Yeah Johnny's got your back against the snides. Did you not hear the "twack" when he hit the Stoke player at the weekend.

Plus I thought he was about to fall about laughing when the Stoke player squared up.

Rattled lad.

Just like you in this thread.

GET JOL IN!

I read that earlier.

Then thought it was just sharpy after some extra strong bleach so it didn't really count.

So you admit that if history teaches us Moyes usually puts it right then that must mean he usually gets it wrong in the first place?

Your the sort that would say "THATS ALL MOYES / ROUND'S FAULT" as one of our player gets injured by a Nolan type lunge.

I can tell.

If Jol was in charge - INJURIES would NEVER happen! Of course. Keep telling yourself that lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.