Everton v Stoke City. 27 Aug at 1500.

Stoke?

• Sound enough

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • Scruffy

Votes: 134 43.1%
  • Never been

Votes: 46 14.8%
  • LOL @ Phil Taylor losing his Queen's honour the sexpesting fat pathetic slug

Votes: 97 31.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate comparing this team to last season as it's totally different circumstances, but that is absolutely the type of game we would have let slip at the end for a point or even a loss last season.

Not pretty but 3 points is all that matters.

Agree with above. Gueye for me (What a bargain) Holgate and Williams not far behind. From an attacking point of view we havnt caught fire yet but all that said 7 points from 9 will certainly suffice. Koe is the man!!

Incredible performance from Holgate.

Amazed if he isnt in the England squad soon if he keeps this up.

Barkley,Williams and Gueye fantastic.

Lukaku poor but held the ball up well :)

Bolasie a passenger...
To be fair I don't think Bolasie was a passenger. Made a few key passes and was often the outlet to get Everton up the field. Missed his shot late in the match by a yard. Thought he played well today.

I'll take 38 games like that if we win the league.

I know we bit our nails down to our elbows, but Koeman changed things and we slightly eased the pressure sufficiently to see it out. It's obviously that fitness levels are still lower than optimum, but they're improving.

We need to stop making some silly errors, but overall I think we have a manager with a solid understanding of the game and a desire to dig his heels in and win ugly when necessary. That's how teams at the top do it sometimes - it can be a grindfest, but it's a necessary evil.

Happy and optimistic for the future.

COYB

Your fingernails go all the way up to your elbows you mutant?

Good performance, great result.

How good is it to see a defender like Williams making those vital interceptions in the box and clearing. I like what I see from Ronnies signings so far.

Have to say that Given still has it even at his age. Didn't deserve to be on the losing side really.

This afternoon we took on Stoke. To save me typing, here's the team;

Firstly, thoughts go out to the fan in the Park End who took ill and required the services of medics.

Anyone know how this guy went on?

Incredible performance from Holgate.

Amazed if he isnt in the England squad soon if he keeps this up.

Barkley,Williams and Gueye fantastic.

Lukaku poor but held the ball up well :)

Bolasie a passenger...

Stoke would never be his strong suit, but I am confident he'll tear Sunderland a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.