Match Thread Everton v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hope silva has got the back bone to drop baines he hasnt got the legs to keep up with Richarlison. Id play sig deep aswell probably try Richarlison down the middle lookman and walcott left and right. Bring bernard on 70 min

Mina to replace Jags.... Seem team other than that.... Coleman captain...

Have Bernard on the bench, hopefully get the game won, then bring him on for 20 - 30mins (can't start him yet, he's had no preseason)....

Think it’ll be the same team apart from Jagielka of course. No idea who’ll start instead though.

Would like to see Gomes and Bernard on the bench, fitness permitting of course.

Decent chance that it'll be unchanged from the team that started against Wolves, obviously minus Jags. Who replaces him is the big question - do we go 'safe' with Holgate or does Mina get the nod? Either way, Bernard and Zouma on the bench with Bernard to get about 15-20 minutes.

Agree this is what we’ll do. Holgate in for Jags with Mina and Bernard on the bench.

If we haven’t wrapped it up with half an hour to go I think he lashes Bernie on, otherwise he gets a 2 minute injury time cameo for the applause.

As far as predicting the result, taking all ominous “Everton, That” feelings out of the equation we should have too much for them so I’ll say a 2-0 with a good number of missed chances to suggest we’ll give someone a tonking down the line once we get our finishing sorted.

Agree this is what we’ll do. Holgate in for Jags with Mina and Bernard on the bench.

If we haven’t wrapped it up with half an hour to go I think he lashes Bernie on, otherwise he gets a 2 minute injury time cameo for the applause.

As far as predicting the result, taking all ominous “Everton, That” feelings out of the equation we should have too much for them so I’ll say a 2-0 with a good number of missed chances to suggest we’ll give someone a tonking down the line once we get our finishing sorted.

Hopefully weve shook off them first game nerves and get hitting the target. Would love tosun to get a couple get his confidence up

Thought keane was ok yesterday. Second Goal aside ! Not writing him off just yet and feel with better players around him might improve. At least if he doesn’t we have options now. Feel sorry for jags but think he is now our 5th choice Centre half ...just got done for pace and red carded trying to recover ... next week Will be interesting as who will start !

Status
Not open for further replies.