Match Thread Everton v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is some world class rubbish being chatted by Hughes in his interview

they were the better side and we should have been the ones with a player sent off it seems

He’s one of those managers who seems determined to be hated by everyone.

I wouldn’t mind so much if he said these things to draw attention from his players having played poorly, but he truly is this deluded. Meff.

Just got back from the match.
Thought we were excellent first half. The whole team looks much more confident in their own abilities.
Passing and movement a world away from fat shams crap last season.

Thought we slipped back into our old ways a little in the second half with concentration fading a bit and some silly mistakes, but still solid enough (early days yet)

Gueye was excellent, seemed to ben everywhere. Thought Schneiderlin was solid until he went off, covered the CB's really well.
And Richarlison keeps impressing.

We need to be a bit more clinical, but overall, still massive steps in the right direction!

Also really impressed with the atmosphere at Goodison today. Seems to be a real optimism around the place compared to the dross last season!

COYB!!!

Second half was hard to watch at times as they grew in confidence, but well done to the lads putting everything into it and managing to ensure 3 points.

Top 6 is a realistic target I believe we will get 6th
Early days but I consider Arsenal the weakest out of the teams ahead of us from last season(discounted Burnley) and they’ve just gone 2 behind. We are going to need some teams ahead to have nightmares to improve on 6th, but it’s possible.

Reactions: ADT

Status
Not open for further replies.