Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bit unfair we've got five first team players out because of Covid pings... What's the cut off? Is there even a number? What if all the squad get pinged? Which is possible given they're all in the same changing room together...
Knowing Everton they probably never even mentioned anything about it.

Mina is not the solution. He's definitely the best of our central defenders, but he's a "personality" player rather than the top class stopper we need. I'd like to see less of the silly dancing nonsense and more quality defending from Yerri. I watched him in a recent international and he did a great Colossus of Rhodes impression as an attacker simply danced around him to net.

Everton need to start signing good players, not "personalities" who failed at a low-ebb Barcelona.
I never said Mina was the solution. My point was that it is very poor of a new manager to not take the time to talk to his players and discuss his plans for them for the season, whether he counts with them or not. Benitez lack of communication skills is one of the reasons I think he is a bad manager and the wrong personality to be running our club!

Are you being serious? The 2 strikers have bullied our central defenders and look
dangerous every time

Armstrong had a volley but other than the goal they've done nothing to trouble Pickford.

They've bullied our CBs which isn't hard but not done anything with it.

Would be 0.0 if Keane hadnt left his brain in the changies

It's a good thing the Benitez appointment's allowed so many supporters to keep their moaning muscles toned and supple during the offseason or a lot of you would be down with injuries right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.