Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for talk is over now - Deeds, not words.
The Squire of Caldy was foisted on us and He has had a squad of serial under achievers and bottlers foisted on him...(new arrivals exempt for now.)
Good Attitude, Effort and Intensity should be the base line, after that its just -
One Game At A Time.

Oh and no zonal defending - attack the 'kin ball please and no rotation for the sake of it.
Not A lot to ask for is it...is it?

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully off to a quick start, an early goal would be nice! A win by three goals would really set us up for an exciting season.

Lol who am I kidding, it's going to be awful and I hate it already ?

Based on latest training video, no Gomes, Kean and James...

Pickford
Coleman Mina Godfrey Digne
Gbamin Allan
Gray Doucoure Richarlison
DCL

Begovic, Holgate, Keane, Nkounkou, Davies, Delph, Townsend, Iwobi, Gordon

Doucoure in the more advanced position after his comments that Rafael wants him to be more attacking.

That team is surely good enough to beat Southampton, but we are Everton...

I was excited at the prospect f last season with Carlos and the new signings and look what it bought in the end....abject failure with an abysmal home record.

This season with the transfer window just been, topped off with Benitez, i am struggling for any enthusiasm or enjoyment this season....cue us winning a cup and finishing top 4. Everton that.

Will Richarlison and DCL be fit? Honestly if neither can play or they get injured during the season, we are proper effed. Sigurddson, James and Kean all look on the way out in various ways. We have no one else who can score.

Status
Not open for further replies.