Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm still concerned, still think we are lacking in more than just players/positions. That needs to change sharpish for us to keep picking up points.

But at the very least they have showed in the second half that we can do damage when we get forward in numbers and not be so far away from each other.

We're missing at least 3 or 4 players. If a few players get injured we won't have much of a bench.

Also what happened to Gbamin?

777E1E04-089F-4CBE-9332-7A0EFDA6AB9C.jpeg

Too soon?

I'm still concerned, still think we are lacking in more than just players/positions. That needs to change sharpish for us to keep picking up points.

But at the very least they have showed in the second half that we can do damage when we get forward in numbers and not be so far away from each other.
The positive view is we conceded next to nothing Keane brain fart aside and we did ourselves create some very presentable chances even if we aren't going to score three times every week. I don't think it is a great way to play but DCL and Richarlison as a front two are probably just good enough at attacking things for this to work ok.

@milto Doucoure played in a 2 with Allan. It's just in the second half we started keeping the ball more and passing our way through midfield, not looking for punts to the wings or DCL.

That in turn lets our team push up. It's how you should attack.

I didn’t imagine that tho did I? He was meant to be playing further up field based on the pre match news / interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.