Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont get points for brendans we win the possession football.
Dont get points for idea balls
Dont get points for corners,freekicks,throw-ins we get points for scoring goals. i couldnt give 2 ducks how we got 3 points today as i thought we would everton that.like the newcastle/ fulham carry on. sometimes wins like tonight are hard to come by after games like the derby its easy to go into the next game against an out of sorts team like its a gimme and under perform and get beat.

There was a time in the not to distant pass were would have lost that match.
I've said it on this forum before with our current squad, it's remarkable were we are in the league. In Carlo we trust. NSNO.
That’s too easy to say
Them players should be better than that. I’m sorry but that performance was not good enough
We seem to play within ourselves. It’s like we are incapable of taking the game to the opposition
But these players can be better. Mixed feelings about that performance

Weird to think that Southampton were top of the league not all that long ago, apparently having their best Prem season ever, and now they're down in 14th and in danger of being dragged down even further..

I know they have been hit hard with injuries recently but I reckon these are another club who can’t withstand the pressing football tactic for a whole season.

sounds / reads like it was a boring, disjointed performance. But we have to keep the context. Imagine, this is still Year 1 - the first full year - under Carlo, and still only 4 players and a very disjointed season. I know it's the same for everyone. But for developing teams or weaker teams this has been harder
I don't think it was particularly disjointed, just played in 2nd gear for most of it and with the of the Vestergaard chance at the end, they were awful. We should've had a couple more from set pieces and Doucoure had a decent chance in the 2nd half. Boring performance but got the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.