Match Thread Everton v Sheffield Utd - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh absolutely. It’s drab to say the least. Still, the manager has achieved his goals of this season, PL status and given the circumstances I think he deserves credit for that.

Over the next two years the club has to sort itself out, this can’t go on , if you say you are a big club then get yourself sorted out and be a big club.

I’ll be honest I support us out of habit now more then anything because I’m fed of how tedious we are.

Functional performance, all you would expect from an end of season game, I had hoped we stuck our foot on the accelerator and take the game to them but that isn`t Dyche style is it.

WIth the way Dyche sets up it was always going to be 1 goal wins it, I did feel we gave them a few more chances and good situations than we would have liked but they didn`t make the most of them.

We should be level on points with Bournemouth and Brighton, our GD will have us in 11th which is over £10m more in prize money thanks to the corrupt Premier League, literally been punished 3 or 4 times... I wonder if we can use that as mitigation next time?

Dyche done OK this season, the winning runs at home have saved his bacon and half the fan base think he is god, well he will have a much harder task next season....

Oh absolutely. It’s drab to say the least. Still, the manager has achieved his goals of this season, PL status and given the circumstances I think he deserves credit for that.

Over the next two years the club has to sort itself out, this can’t go on , if you say you are a big club then get yourself sorted out and be a big club.

I’ll be honest I support us out of habit now more then anything because I’m fed of how tedious we are.
With no money ,no real owner then how do we do that ?

With no money ,no real owner then how do we do that ?

We have to have an owner first. One far superior to what we have had. A big ask I know.

I mean , what’s the point mate? Is it going to be yet another repeat of the late 90s and 2000s in which anything other than relegation battles is seen as something to be happy and enthusiastic about?

I can see it now, three years ahead people will still be saying “we need stability”

It may not look it but I’m being positive, we have a great new stadium, in time I want a new Everton along with it. A superior one to the last 20-30 years.

12 points progress on the pitch from last season to this with all sorts of things going on….i have flip flopped on Dyche but I’d say results wise that represents good progress. Can’t recall outside of RM’s first season the last time that happened?

Weird game. Nothing in it really. Gave MotM to DCL but nobody was especially good. Could've given it to Tarkowski, he was solid, I suppose. Glad the season is nearly over so we can focus on the takeover/collapse of the club!

Chermiti looked very exciting and Onana motm for me.
Chermiti looked good but I left before the end couldn’t bring myself to clap that load of horse crap around the pitch they’ve made my life a misery from August to May, as for Onana MOTM we must’ve watched a different game thought he was rubbish and if someone where insane enough to offer us good money for him I’d snap their hand off.