Match Thread Everton v Sheffield Utd - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
48 points, 13 wins, 9 draws.

Good season.

Said at the start of the season, we were in a league of the bottom 10, mid table in that would be a good season after last.

We’re currently top of it, without the points deductions.
13 wins alone is a good tally for a team with very little pace, and very little finishing ability. More than Brentford, Brighton, Fulham etc. actually the same as Forest and Burnley’s wins combined. Our relegation colleagues just a month ago.

As grim as it’s been, taking some of those chances in the first few months but keeping the same solidity at the back, could have been a very very surprising season. Almost embarrassingly so.

That game pretty much sums us up. We're very crap, but there are even crappier teams in the league.
Not staying up next season if we lose Jarrad and replace him with Michel Keane, Godfrey or Holgate, that's for sure. Plus we're likely losing Gueye, that's a massive loss for us. Onana will go so we're more effectively down to one CM in Garner.

No… We won, but that was such a rubbish performance. We’re still sh.te!

Oh absolutely. It’s drab to say the least. Still, the manager has achieved his goals of this season, PL status and given the circumstances I think he deserves credit for that.

Over the next two years the club has to sort itself out, this can’t go on , if you say you are a big club then get yourself sorted out and be a big club.

I’ll be honest I support us out of habit now more then anything because I’m fed up of how tedious we are.

Last edited: