Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A proper sorry state of affairs, that.

We are hopeless at the moment. Getting beat at home 2-0 by Sheffield United is unforgivable.

I am once again, falling out of love with Everton. Rather than my usual post match seethe, I am just becoming numb to this. I actually started laughing at intervals of play in the last 10 minutes.

I am by no means a "Silva Out" advocate, as I still think he will steer us back on track but he has a monumental job ahead.

I'm not saying we are playing well. But yes if you are bunkering in you are relying on the other team to play like we did today and for something lucky to happen up the other end so you can score.

It isn't a coincidence that their results here and at Chelsea required the other team to score an OG.
France won the WC playing that type of football, much more sensible than possession without purpose that Silva implements

Oh great, more "we controlled the game" nonsense.

You control a game of football by creating chances, putting the ball in the net, and defending solidly, especially from set plays.

We created one decent chance all game. It was pathetic and the mentality of our players and manager is laughable.

When you were hammered as much as I was last season on here you bet I feel vindicated that the mass have finally opened their eyes to how poor a manager Silva is.

I also maintain Brands isnt the Messiah he's made out to be and massively messed up this summer selling Gana, not bringing in a CB or an actual goalscorer - I was heckled for saying that aswell.
Totally agree with all this criticism. SIXTY THREE years of watching and supporting this club and we are dross. Sad thing is TO MANY ON THIS FORUM are either blinkered, or know sod all about the expectations of Everton Football Club.

A proper sorry state of affairs, that.

We are hopeless at the moment. Getting beat at home 2-0 by Sheffield United is unforgivable.

I am once again, falling out of love with Everton. Rather than my usual post match seethe, I am just becoming numb to this. I actually started laughing at intervals of play in the last 10 minutes.

I am by no means a "Silva Out" advocate, as I still think he will steer us back on track but he has a monumental job ahead.
Not sure quite what track he'll get us on. He doesn't seem to be in control of anything that happens at this club. Tired of hearing him blame the players he selected.

It's like a bad dream supporting Everton at the moment, it's like a nightmare where you want to shout out but can't.

These recent signings, and all the hype that comes with them etc. "He's from Barcelona", "He's cost 40 million" and then we all wait with baited breath for the magic to happen. Bernard shines for 10 minutes in every 180 minutes, Gomez looks good and is very photogenic, Richarlison is a Brazilian with untold future ability, Sigs will have a blinder this season. Well to be honest I think little Leon Osman from Upholland near Skem was leagues ahead of them all, and he struggled for a place in the team throughout his career.

France also had Mbappe and Griezmann running off of Giroud's hold up. That's way more of an attacking plan than what Sheffield United and most of the sit back and hoof it PL teams show.
Not really though, apart from player quality what’s the real difference? Many counter attacking teams have stuck to that formula of big target man plus quick forward to run in behind, at least it’s a coherent plan which is nothing like what Silva is showing right now

Status
Not open for further replies.