Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's hard to keep perspective but it was our first home defeat in 7 matches it's just that the next home game is against the champions and our away form is so rubbish that we had to win this one.

So defensive football is riding your luck but 80% possession with 900 sideways passes between CBs is an organised system?
I'm not saying we are playing well. But yes if you are bunkering in you are relying on the other team to play like we did today and for something lucky to happen up the other end so you can score.

It isn't a coincidence that their results here and at Chelsea required the other team to score an OG.

Has the kind of thing I propose never been done before?

I do recall the very thing was done to get Silva in, in the first place...!
I meant have as my first word but what I am saying is despite our hopes and wishes he has not got a bottomless pit of money .As I was watching the pitiful display today my mind wandered to the "Moshiri Millions " ,I seem to recollect that he was reputedly worth 1.3 billion ,if that is the case he has blown at least a third of it now .That is my point .

I meant have as my first word but what I am saying is despite our hopes and wishes he has not got a bottomless pit of money .As I was watching the pitiful display today my mind wandered to the "Moshiri Millions " ,I seem to recollect that he was reputedly worth 1.3 billion ,if that is the case he has blown at least a third of it now .That is my point .

Hes worth around $3billion of disclosed funds...in reality probably double

On my way back from the match, what an absolute shambles we are. Yet another disgraceful performance not helped by a totally clueless manager.

I got up at 5am for that dross.

That was absolutely embarassing. Aimless passing ending in a hoofed hopeful cross.

I've no faith in Silva. He's not going to be a success here and it's inevitable we now will freefall until he's sacked. It's Koeman year 2 deja vu only these players are much more capable.

The substitutes were utter desperation. Chuck on every attacker and forget about fitting them together. Iwobi clearly had no idea where he was meant to play.

We are actually allowed to attack down the middle. I'm not sure any of our players are aware of this. But given the fact we spent half the warm up hitting in crosses and practicing finishing, unfortunately it's clearly a managerial plan. And that's pretty scary.

I don't know where this team goes from here.

Attidude, no guts, slow, clueless Silva (give it on the wing and then cross, repeat, defence error, give it on the wing, cross, subtitute, repeat), it's been hurting for a while. Can not see light in this pit. Well, I can, we still didn't play with most of the upper league teams...

Remember when we couldn't score in the preseason and everyone said it was just preseason so who cares. When you look completely disjointed and unable to create openings it matters preseason or not. We still have the same problems that started showing then.

Status
Not open for further replies.