Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All our creativity seems to cone from our full backs. We create nothing through the middle.

Teams know how to setup against us, we are very predictable atm.

I would drop sneiderfraud, play gylfi deeper and play davies more advanced. That way we should create more through the middle and give Kean a chance to slot.

We have to start asking questions of teams like Sheff utd.

All our creativity seems to cone from our full backs. We create nothing through the middle.

I would drop sneiderfraud, play gylfi deeper and play davies more advanced. That way we should create more through the middle and give Kean a chance to slot.

I've been like a stuck record on this very point.

I think it's a symptom of playing two defensive (or holding, or deep-lying - whatever term) midfielders who seemingly can't pass a ball forward. Everything is always down the wings.

Its true, and yet with the players we have I don't really understand why. The way we're set up, Gylfi should be able to find pockets of space, turn, and play balls through the middle and yet this never happens. It might well be that he feels more comfortable with the game in front of him rather than behind, and if so then your suggestion is a very good one.

With our home record what it is, score early and it should be comfortable. What we can't do is boss the game and look like scoring then concede and make it far more difficult than it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.