Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t even know what to expect any more.

This team he keeps rolling out are proper jarg, no cutting edge and massively overrated by the looks of things.

If any of you still “expect” that Everton should just be rolling sides over then you’ve not been keeping up.

We have been average and inconsistent for 4 full seasons now, gone properly backwards since the days Moyes at least had us regularly challenging for a top 6 place.

We have won 6 on the bounce at Goodison which is cause for optimism in and of itself.

The main issue will be if we aren't blowing the opposition away and the morons in the crowd turns against the players.

When Goodison is properly behind our team then it is far more likely we will get a victory or pull something back.

When the crowd turns and Goodison becomes poisonous, our team folds.

It also makes going to the match an awful experience when the crowd becomes poisonous. More so than losing.

Numerous times in the last few years I asked why I even bothered travelling up to sit in a pit of negativity. Once the atmosphere turned around 6 months ago it has been so much more enjoyable.

This is a relatively straightforward home win. If you were a non-Evertonian looking to pad out your bet you would have this down for a home win. Anything less than that and questions will have to be asked. The new players have been here long enough, Silva should know his team and what he can expect by now, 3-1 home win, nothing to panic and move on. The biggest worry we should have from a home game against Sheffield United is that everyone stays fit.

This is a relatively straightforward home win. If you were a non-Evertonian looking to pad out your bet you would have this down for a home win. Anything less than that and questions will have to be asked. The new players have been here long enough, Silva should know his team and what he can expect by now, 3-1 home win, nothing to panic and move on. The biggest worry we should have from a home game against Sheffield United is that everyone stays fit.
Problem is we are Evertonian and looking to pad bet on this game is always looking Like massive gamble.

I would also say on DCL, we need better striker to open lock on this type of games. SU wan't give us much open space, Tosun is better finisher then DCL, Kean also have better movement.

I would also go for Kean-Tosun up top but Marco has other ideas it seems, he is in weird obsession with DCL

I would also go for Kean-Tosun up top but Marco has other ideas it seems, he is in weird obsession with DCL
Yup, don't know why he have that wierd obsession. Also I don't see plan b in Silva's games. Everton look one dimensional, when the things go wrong, he just change players (striker for striker, Winger for winger etc), game formation and way the team play is always the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.