Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We´d be made up, an away win is something of a holy grail for us right now. Whatever you think about how we should approach away games, we definitely need to change things up and I was impressed by how well Sheffield United defended today. I couldn´t imagine us being so disciplined.
I'd be surprised if we didn't win more away games than they do even with how bad we are. Bunkering and praying you can hold on and score on the odd counter or set piece is how you might survive relegation. It is not how you push top 6.

Did you enjoy Allardyce? Because although he was meh at it, that is what he looked to do.

Inappropriate Language
[Poor language removed] you Everton! Seriously [Poor language removed] you.

Why do we continue to be so ineffective no matter what players we've got or how much money we have?!

I can cope with a poor team performance,it happens now and then,but i cant defend a performance so lacking in fight,drive or ideas,its become the same every game,same play,go wide,cross,if that doesnt work then we dont win,I used to be every season was the same,its now every game

Gameplan at 0-0 = pass about the backline, wait to go down the wing and cross to 3 big CB's against 1 striker.

Gameplan at 1-0 down = pass about the backline, wait to go down the wing and cross to 4 big CB's against 2 strikers.

Gameplan at 2-0 down = cross some more against a back 6/7 that Sheff Utd had expecting the same garbage over and over.

I have never in my life seen a manager make 2 or 3 changes in a game and still have the same shocking get it wide and cross mentality.

7 points from Palace, Villa, Bournemouth, Wolves, Sheff Utd, Watford.

Get in the bin.

Nailed it.

He has no game plan absolutely zero.

Has echoes of Koeman's slide to the sack, getting a deja vu feeling that Silva is going the same way.

Remember the absolute fiasco when Koeman went? We had no replacement for months and months plus no idea with Unsworth and the board feared relegation. They were that desperate they approached fat Sam.

They just can't sack anyone without having someone absolutely definite lined up and ready to step in right away.

I'd be surprised if we didn't win more away games than they do even with how bad we are. Bunkering and praying you can hold on and score on the odd counter or set piece is how you might survive relegation. It is not how you push top 6.

Did you enjoy Allardyce? Because although he was meh at it, that is what he looked to do.

There´s a lovely middle ground that we need to find.

When you were hammered as much as I was last season on here you bet I feel vindicated that the mass have finally opened their eyes to how poor a manager Silva is.

I also maintain Brands isnt the Messiah he's made out to be and massively messed up this summer selling Gana, not bringing in a CB or an actual goalscorer - I was heckled for saying that aswell.
Whether or not you think Kean is a goalscorer absolutely no striker in the world is reaching past 10 a season with this current setup

There´s a lovely middle ground that we need to find.
I believe that the problem away from home is a lack of confident possession and chance creation that puts us under unnecessary pressure and not the defending itself not being good enough. I don't think dropping deeper, playing an extra holding mid and hoofing it to a center forward is what we need.

Sheffield United is not the middle ground.

I believe that the problem away from home is a lack of confident possession and chance creation that puts us under unnecessary pressure and not the defending itself not being good enough. I don't think dropping deeper, playing an extra holding mid and hoofing it to a center forward is what we need.

Sheffield United is not the middle ground.

Good point on the chance creation but do you not think the lack of chance creation means we should sit deeper and try to hit teams when they haven´t got 9 men behind the ball? It´s quite clear this is a big issue for us.

I voted Schneiderlin MotM because the performance went from bad to unmitigated disaster once he went off. People hate that he passes sideways but our fullbacks do a good job of pushing the ball forward when he cycles it from side to side and we really did miss that once he was gone. We need more to the game in the final third but progressing the ball to that point is better when Schneiderlin plays currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.