Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit unfair to expect 11 lads who don't regularly play as a single competitive unit to be particularly fluid, but there are a couple of bright spots. Think Bernard, Gordon and Nkounkou look pretty sharp on the ball

There’s no hiding they are playing a League 2 side at home.

Reactions: Lob
Imagine being an international midfielder, often the skipper for your country, allowing a football match to pass you by and let yourself get marked and not want the ball, against league 2 opposition who have recently been snorted by an u21 team?!

You actually do all the above and throw in such and anemic, lethargic performance after your manager has just signed 3 new midfield players, who can all take your position and start ahead of you in premier League matches, and just days after these new signings have just helped get the club their first away win at a so called big 6 side in years?!

Ladies and gents - I give you Everton's record transfer signing - an absolute disgrace to the shirt.

If he can't be arsed to turn up tonight, put a shift in and affect the match, then there is literally no hope for the fella.
He's hardly been our worst player tonight, he's spraying passes out wide and keeping the ball just fine, no glaring errors to get on his back about.

Not sure why but I think that M Kean would perform much better as a right winger perhaps instead of Walcott, he is lost without ball and no one even trying to look for him

Sort of fair but we made 10 changes....it’s not like we’d be dealing with 10 injures all at once.

This. I actually think Bernard would be a decent centre mid with Allan and Doucoure next to him.
Most have been fine, except Walcott and Kean.

Nkounkou is obviously the standout. He is perfect as our back up moving forward in that position.

He's hardly been our worst player tonight, he's spraying passes out wide and keeping the ball just fine, no glaring errors to get on his back about.

I disagree - he's doing what he does best - hiding.

Imo since he has laid a goal on, in his head he feels his work is done for the evening.

For what he should be and what we should expect from him, he's been our worst player out there for me.

One game two max is what I’d need to see as manager and I’d be giving him to some conference team.
[/QUOTE]
he ain’t been that bad at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.