Match Thread Everton v Rotherham. Sat. 9th Jan, 2021. 12.00. FA Cup 3rd round

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's Doom & Gloom Prediction is brought to you by Ronseal One Coat Fence Life.

"Forget bleach! Just one pint will protect your stomach as well as your fence for life, with new Ronseal One Coat Fence Life."

A0k9gJS.png

Everton start brightly with a 1 v 1 chance for Tosun in the opening 4 minutes but it's squandered. Digne hit the post with a freekick 30 yards out on 14 minutes, but then things start to go downhill quickly for the blues.

James injured on 20 minutes, Sigurdsson comes on. Digne injured just before the half trying to block a cross, Niels comes on. Rotherham score from the resulting corner. 0-1 down at half time.

Second half starts with Everton in full control but not creating much. Fortunately Tosun scores 55 minutes after a deflected cross from Gordon falls to him in front of an empty net. Rotherham restore their lead on 65 minutes. Bernard and Simms come on as the Toffees throw everything forward for the last 20 minutes. Unfortunately nothing comes to fruition, a frustrating game for the faithful.

Final score. Everton 1 - 2 Rotherham.

Thank God espn has a Spanish broadcast. The Entlish broadcasts are so boring and dull, especially for these cup matches

I would doubt it. I expect him to play some minutes today.

Could come on for a few today I suppose. After that, barring a further lower league FA Cup opponent, it's hard to see too many this year season if Digne and Godfrey stay fit, based on what we've seen so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.