Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win this I’d like to see us back Carlo a couple of transfers and make a push for Europe. I’d say if we can’t win this the season will be a bit of a write off and we may as well start the rebuild in the summer when prices make more sense.

Possible 1-1 or maybe a 1-2 loss. There are few or no goals in us, and hopefully the same with them. Not looking forward to it at all, but hey, the seat has to be sat in.

Looking more and more like a 0-0 with little to excite the fans. It would be great if Ancelotti handed the game over to big Dunc and told him to run it - as a blood and guts approach might win the game. i cant be doing with the tepid but tactical stuff that assures we dont lose. I was encouraged by Carlo's comments after WHU that we need to be more vertical which to me translated to 'stop dicking about with the ball at the back'. Quicker through balls to two fast forwards is the way to go here.

Another classic 1-0...

Hate to say it but i'd probably take that if offered now! Them geordies will be quite happy to get all 11 behind the ball and boot it away all night, and if they get any chance at all it'll be to try and score from a set piece. Can see this being a horrible watch, with us having about 70+% of the possession!

That said would absolutely love to see Moise Kean break his duck with a couple!

Looking more and more like a 0-0 with little to excite the fans. It would be great if Ancelotti handed the game over to big Dunc and told him to run it - as a blood and guts approach might win the game. i cant be doing with the tepid but tactical stuff that assures we dont lose. I was encouraged by Carlo's comments after WHU that we need to be more vertical which to me translated to 'stop dicking about with the ball at the back'. Quicker through balls to two fast forwards is the way to go here.

How can a game that hasn't kicked off where we dont know the line ups look more and more like a 0-0?

Apart from Everton destroying peoples capacity to feel hope and joy over many years...

Anything but a win and the seasons effectively over considering the teams we need to make ground on and our poor away form.

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Mina Digne

Walcott Schneiderlin Delph Bernard

Richarlison DCL

Dont want to see that midfield partnership we had Saturday EVER again.
Nope to Morgan snides. Ever ever again.

Got a feeling its going to be a scrappy 1-0. Fuming at a dire first half and score from a set piece, then quickly back in the transfer thread at full time reiterating our pleas for a new midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.