Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
my neighbour has some mushrooms and theirs some mountains nearby might help me detach from the most Everton performance i have seen for a long time
I have eaten mushrooms in years but this would be the perfect moment to get away from this world.

I have decided to go for a virtual kickboxing class, I can use it to release some of my morning anger, may have to leave the joint for later lol

This is all about mentality. How many teams do we come up against who just want it more ?
Newcastle were desperate to win today. Once you start Sigurdsson in CM you may as well run up the white flag. One look at our team sheet and they would have known they could get at us.

Be honest I am just never confident in this club to be successful ever again. Us younger ones best we have seen is a day out to Wembley. I always get this feeling that we are going to everton it up at some point. Love the club so much but god it’s like you cheat on me every year haha.

Another Sunderland, if you`ve seen the Sunderland till I die series you will know what I mean.

Just another Premier League club that continually just makes up the numbers, not threatening at the top or bottom. We have it, Mediocrity, it is here....

Losing the faith in Carlo both full backs rubbish- midfield very poor forwards starved of any service -build up far too slow almost pedestrian......
Team selection mind boggling plus substitution moving out play maker having to on the wing.......
Sig rubbish......

Right Joey and too much side and back passing little forward action.

I don't know why anyone actually thought that top 4 was a realistic aim. We have zero depth and very few of our first 11 are good enough to get in a top 4's first team.
Agree with this, but on top of that the combinations of players we do have available don’t fit into any system or pattern of play that will dominate games even against poor sides.

We suffer from a complete lack of penetration, aggression and pace in midfield.

Buying another forward in this window ain’t gonna fix what’s broken.

Proper disappointment all this. Blown any chance of a top 4 in the last two matches.

Do have have to criticise this possession style play in the name of game management, against a relegated threatened side.

Just can't have Gomes Siggy and James on the pitch at the same time for me, not enough grit and aggression.

No man of the match.
It’s true. I’ve said before that even just having Gomes and Gylfi on the pitch together is suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.