Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo made a mistake by changing the defence. Coleman is finished we’ve known that for sometime. Godfrey and Holgate give us better stability. However it is further up the pitch that is my main concern. If anyone thinks Allan (although a class act) is going to transform us as an attacking team going forward, then they are mistaken. We at last have a goalscorer in DCL but no one to provide for him. The only creativity we have is James. We have no pace to hurt teams. Carlo must be backed with a pacy wide player otherwise we can forget about Europe let alone champions league places.

He has 2 pacy attacking players - Iwobi and Bernard but he isn't arsed in working with them to support James.

Don’t think without pace and energy you can get beyond mid table in this league
The only good thing is that it doesn’t paper over the cracks
Beginning to think that this set up is no good for James. The players around him are just not good enough and we can’t carry a luxury player. Even though I think he’s class

Not to be pessimistic but I’m not even surprised. We NEVER take advantage of opportunities to put ourselves in the mix.

James is 100% sold in the summer when we finish 10th.

There's absolutely no way he spends the peak ages of his career with us in mid-table just because he likes Carlo.

He's got one good transfer left in him and in any case I'm convinced he'll have a heap of get-out clauses in his contract given he was a free transfer.

To make matters worse we'll probably extend Sigurdsson's contract, and go into the new season with Pickford in goal and Richarlison having scored 5 goals this season and still no third striker.

Good times.

And people mock fans who joke about "Everton that" haha when will you learn that Everton will always always always spew away any opportunity of achieving the smallest thing. Disgusting and I'm so sick of it

Slugurdsson having a chat and a smile with Jonjo Shelvey there. Just about sums it up. We can't carry players who are happy losers.

Appalling isn't it? That goes back to the manager though - he should be instilling a mentality throughout the team that can't stand to lose.

I'm all for cool heads, but a cool head when you've just been beaten...at home...to Newcastle - you should be absolutely dejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.