Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

I'll take down dat coal powered MG, I tel u Hwat
Up next for Everton it's the kopites of the far north, the lovable horse punching Newcastle United.
article-2475009-18F50CBF00000578-325_636x382.jpg

Last time against them we played a shocking 5 center midfielders in the middle with Dom up top. Giving them way too much respect. Ghosts of the first half hour of the Leicester game just gone come to mind. We crabed our way to a 2-1 defeat that set us on a bad run.

Did I mention they are a bunch of obese 'go the game' semi-naked weirdos?
NINTCHDBPICT000483333212-e1555374956914.jpg

Newcastle-fans.jpg

Rafael Benitez top left of obese man regretting ever becoming involved with the geordie kopites.

We since curbed that little bad run and have had a fantastic winter. And most importantly have James Rodriguez back.

_116704582_gettyimages-1298988216.jpg

I would obtain sustenance from his fecal matter for the rest of my life -me.

Along with Richy back who was suspended for that game and us being in good form we really should creampie these ultra hard. And will.

Just as long as we keep Geordie Pickord far away from his own kind as he is a disaster and it's only amplified when we play the Horse Punchers.
0_Newcastle-United-v-Everton-Premier-League-St-James-Park.jpg

Wind your tongue in Simple Jack.

So yeah that's the thread. I am not trying to take the mantle of main thread lad. I know the GOAT hung the hooves up. Just filling in this game.

And I'm aware no predicted team or score. Not my style. I'll leave it to you please.

Please come back @chicoazul

Last edited:
I think @ForeverBlue92 is right - while he gets in the way of DCL's best, we need to go to two up top and play Richarlison more centrally to get him out of the slump.

I'm less sure that we should be shoehorning Digne in at left mid in front of the current back four, but it's worth a shot.

4-3-1-2 for me with Iwobi, Doucoure and Digne in midfield, and Rodriguez playing centrally as the Route One target on the counter. That gets our current best XI on the pitch.

Much as it pains me, I think we go Pickford in goal because bringing Olsen in is bad man management that sends the wrong message.

If we could use this thread as an appeal to chico to come back, bless us with threads and stick around. tag him. I think it would go towards making GOT the fortress it once was.

I urge you blues. Stroke his ego. He likes that.

Think of people. And not the bureaucracy @chicoazul

I'm going to do the formation thing because I've been thinking about it a lot since Leicester. Think we need better options to control it up the field so Digne back to LB and Iwobi back in. Pickford out!

Olsen
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Doucore Davies
Iwobi James Richarlison
DCL

Sacrificing The Wall against this shower. Need to be more attacking.

I'm going to do the formation thing because I've been thinking about it a lot since Leicester. Think we need better options to control it up the field so Digne back to LB and Iwobi back in. Pickford out!

Olsen
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Doucore Davies
Iwobi James Richarlison
DCL

I'd buy that lineup.

Olsen
Mason Mina Keane Godfrey
Doucore Davies
Iwobi James Digne
DCL

Olsen
Mason Mina Keane Godfrey
Doucore Davies
Iwobi James Digne
DCL

Status
Not open for further replies.