Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched his "analysis" of where Newcastle's defence was going wrong (not transitioning from defence to attack). It was guffawably bland stuff passed off as insider knowledge of the game.
Dave, just turn the sound down... put the kettle on and make a brew and try to enjoy the match

Gotta say osman is growing well as a pundit. He’s a million miles better than Cahill.

Let's be honest, our bench is frighteningly short of attacking intent.

We absolutely have to bring someone in. We just can't take the risk of having DCL as the only recognised striker available. Lets not say Richarlison is an option either, he's so out of form I wouldn't be comfortable with just having him as our only option. Let's hope he picks up today.

Prediction

Screenshot_20210130-121522_Chrome.jpg

I'm not bothered about Pickford playing. Sure, he has a mistake in him, but the 'best goalie in the world' up the road has had a few stuff ups lately.

And anyway, most times he doesn't have any howlers and some of the criticism is petty. Like standing or leaning the wrong way for free kicks.

I've been comfortable with 4 centre halves and it's worked well, but we had to go back to proper fullbacks sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.