Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up next for Everton it's the kopites of the far north, the lovable horse punching Newcastle United.
View attachment 115705

Last time against them we played a shocking 5 center midfielders in the middle with Dom up top. Giving them way too much respect. Ghosts of the first half hour of the Leicester game just gone come to mind. We crabed our way to a 2-1 defeat that set us on a bad run.

Did I mention they are a bunch of obese 'go the game' semi-naked weirdos?
View attachment 115707

View attachment 115708
Rafael Benitez top left of obese man regretting ever becoming involved with the geordie kopites.

We since curbed that little bad run and have had a fantastic winter. And most importantly have James Rodriguez back.

View attachment 115709
I would obtain sustenance from his fecal matter for the rest of my life -me.

Along with Richy back who was suspended for that game and us being in good form we really should creampie these ultra hard. And will.

Just as long as we keep Geordie Pickord far away from his own kind as he is a disaster and it's only amplified when we play the Horse Punchers.
View attachment 115710
Wind your tongue in Simple Jack.

So yeah that's the thread. I am not trying to take the mantle of main thread lad. I know the GOAT hung the hooves up. Just filling in this game.

And I'm aware no predicted team or score. Not my style. I'll leave it to you please.

Please come back @chicoazul

Great preview. But it is the 30th.

I hope the players are up for a bit of revenge, that result against them proves to be really really poor when you see what they have been doing. Cant afford to lose to these again if we harbour any hopes of doing anything this season.

Cmon you blues make it a great start to my weekend...

Nothing else but 3 points will do...

Time for Dom to come good in the league again with more goals...

I'd go with a Makalele-era 4-3-3, with one of the midfield three (Davies) sitting in front of the CBs. Bring Digne back to LB to support Richarlison on the left, go more defence-minded at RB to balance. Rodriguez and Doucoure bringing the ball up through midfield, with Digne and Iwobi providing width. Without the ball, use a proper front 3 to apply a high press and try to force their defence into mistakes.

Olsen
Holgate Mina Keane Digne
Davies
Rodriguez Doucoure
Iwobi DCL Richarlison

Bench
Pickford
Virginia
coleman
Godfrey
Gomes
Sigurdsson
Gordon

I'd rather go short on the subs bench than risk injuries derailing the potential departures of Kenny, Delph, Bernard and Tosun.

Pickford needs binning. James will be vital to breaking these down

olson
Godfrey Mina Keane digne
Gomes doucoure
James
Iwobi Dom Richy

fancy richy to get a goal

I think it's got to be this team because it's so close to what is probably our best XI (Add Allan for Gomes) and how often are we realistically going to get it on the pitch for the remainder of the season with injuries, suspensions, rotation etc.

Attack them from the off and don't relent. Hopefully we can get a few goals in like we were doing early on.

I imagine this will be a game very similar to sheff Utd away and if memory serves me right that first half was like watching paint dry
Yes, I know. I hate it watching a match against a team that's really struggling and you haven't scored and haven't created much getting on for half time.

11.30pm kick off for me and it'd be hard to stay awake that long, anyway. Record and watch in the morning, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.