Match Thread Everton v Manchester United : Sun 4 Dec : KO 1600

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict an opening 15 minutes of crab like anti football from us, followed by United going all first 10 minutes of Saving Private Ryan on us, culminating in a disappointing bottle job from us yet again.

No disrespect to McBain and I look forward to reading his preview. I hope he doesn't mind if I post something up tonight. Just working on it now and I've even took my own photos

team
4-3-3
Stekelenberg

Coleman Holgate Williams Baines

Gana Barry Barkley

Lukaku Valencia Bolassie

if Koeman is serious about pressing then he needs to utilise a front 3, get them to press, then get the rest of the team higher up the pitch. Barry to sit deep and Barkley and Gana as box to box mdfielders. direct style of play, Valencia is much better than Rom at leading the line, what have we got to lose?

First time not getting over for this fixture in 6 years. 3 or 4 changes please and a change in formation and wel nick it one nil with Williams grabbing the winner
COYB

Could be nasty this. If United go ahead, I don't think we'll see the more forgiving and patient side of Goodison tbh.

I'm hoping that Ron rings a couple of changes - Holgate for Jags and Davies in.

More than anything, I'm hoping that we see the players put in a shift at The Old Lady under the lights, and give the paying public something to cheer about. I dont mind too much if we lose, so long as no millionaire with a titty lip is just going through the motions, or jogging around half-arsed with their move to PSG in January on their mind.

1-0

Stek
Gana Barry Davies
Del Rom Bolasie

Come on Everton, get into these ffs

Massive, massive game.

If we beat United at home, and go into 6th, suddenly we are looking to the Arsenal & Liverpool games in a whole new light.

One thing i'd like to see us do here is to bring Mori in and play with a much higher line. We've really struggled to play out lately, and I'm not too worried about Ibra, Pogba or Mata beating us for pace. High line and a high tempo and we can do these.

Reactions: JLW
Stek
Coleman - Holgate - Williams - Baines
Barry - Gana
Deulofeu Barkley Bolasie
Lukaku

I know Geri didnt do much against Saints but he needs a run and he cant do any worse than whats been playing ahead of him. Just let him have a go at Luke Shaw or whoever is playing left back for them. If he is gassing himself out dont make him run back so much! Hopefully Rom feeld the need to remind Mourinho why he bought him for Chelsea in the first place rather than trudging round like last week. If we lose we lose as long as I see a big improvement in effort and we actually try and go after them rather than the inevitable wait for Utd to score. (Thank God Rooney wont be breaking that goalscoring record at Goodison by the way)

Could be nasty this. If United go ahead, I don't think we'll see the more forgiving and patient side of Goodison tbh.

I'm hoping that Ron rings a couple of changes - Holgate for Jags and Davies in.

More than anything, I'm hoping that we see the players put in a shift at The Old Lady under the lights, and give the paying public something to cheer about. I dont mind too much if we lose, so long as no millionaire with a titty lip is just going through the motions, or jogging around half-arsed with their move to PSG in January on their mind.

1-0

Stek
Gana Barry Davies
Del Rom Bolasie

Come on Everton, get into these ffs
Thought Moshiri was a billionaire

Status
Not open for further replies.