Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richy is such an important player for us, in attack and defense.

I think we can all see that now
I think mentally it has affected the rest too. You could see how positive the play was with Rodriguez and Rodriguez on the wings, it’s almost as if you take them out and the rest seem deflated.
Even when Liverpool were flying, as soon as Salah was missing they looked nervous and clueless, we seem the same without our front three.
Judging by our last two games this will be a struggle. We couldn’t mount an attack against Newcastle and United will pin us in a lot more.

We can't afford to start Siggy. Not if we want to win

Yep Siggy is too slow versus Man U.

I think Carlo will add pace in the side and that will def help against Man U.

Pickford

Kenny
Keane
Mina
Digne

Allan
Doucoure
Davies / Bernard

James
DCL
Gordon

If Bernard plays - it'll be up top and Gordon where Davies is. I can't decide between Davies and Bernard but I want Gordon to start.

If Gomes is fit - he plays, but I don't want him in the team if he's not 100%.

This is the worst Man Utd team I've ever seen, and I'm old enough to remember their struggles of the mid to late 80s. Considering their outlay on players in recent years you'd expect them to be doing better than languishing in the lower reaches of the Premier League even with an out of his depth manager.

They are there for the taking and don't have a fantastic record at our place in recent times. Lets be at them from the first whistle.

Only thing that worries me a bit is that we are so often the club which loses to sides on a poor run but there's no need to be scared of them in any way. The fear factor they had under Fergie has long since evaporated.

Status
Not open for further replies.