Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not going to speak about the performance because we won that, simple as.

I was sat almost level with the pitch behind our goal that referee had absolutely no idea what to do there he was utterly clueless. He was visibly flapping, couldn’t hear his headset and was talking to a linesman was ho obviously didn’t see what happened. Instead of taking charge of his own game and checking the monitor he palmed it off to some bloke sat behind a screen miles away because he was scared of getting it wrong. The replay on the screen showed it should’ve stood to everyone sat there.

The officials went into the centre circle because they absolutely knew they got that one wrong and they quite frankly looked like children trying to hide themselves away. And on a side note I went full on limbs there and if this sport has got to the point where utter incompetence can take that away then I quite frankly don’t want to watch it anymore.

Whether its right or wrong the seasons over now.

Just hope we win the derby and finish top half europe way out of our reach now.

Ok, so he jumps up, he's straight in front of De Gea and any goal is still disallowed then you're all complaining that he shoudl have stayed down to not intefere with play.

This is a simple case of letting your opinion of a player colour every situation the player is in.

I count 6 seconds of just sitting there. More than enough time to get up and move 3 yards to an onside position. Indefensible

Agree with that. He has plenty of time to get his lazy ass of the floor!
Imagine running about 15km, being knackered, falling on the ground after trying to score and not getting up ASAP... and then being called lazy by someone sitting in a chair drinking beer.

He's not a fantastic footballer and it's justified because he sat down for too long and should've been up, but if anything the guy's not lazy lol

“preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision”

that’s the only part of the rule that could be applied to that scenario, and it’s clear he is not blocking sight of the ball and the ref has given the goal.

at best.....at best...it’s extremely dodgy that they looked for only a couple of seconds and said no goal. I think it will come out after they’ve applied the rules incorrectly, but how are they not properly checking and discussing the applications the rule. It is in no way a cut and dried scenario

Just seen a Man U fans view of our disallowed winner :

That was a proper goal, De gea had clear view of the ball his vision wasn't obstructed by the player who also didnt touch the ball change its course or anything.
If it was the other way round and they disallowed us that goal we would be mad.

Disgraceful decision. Absolutely corrupt, can't believe the speed with which VAR disallowed it!!

Anyone else think it should have been a penalty anyway - wan bissaka completely takes gylfi out after the ball, how is that allowed!?

The ref doesnt say one word to him, he doesnt try and calm him down he just waits til he stops talking and then sends him off. Because he knows he has no comeback. He is an utter non-entity who has just presided over a farce and somebody who has achieved everything in football is calling him on it.

That’s not true, re-watch it. The ref takes a load off Carlo. Then warns him when Carlo starts on the linesman. Then Carlo carries on to the ref, so the ref sends him off.

All a bit churlish and petty from the official but you don’t usually see the Don react like that.

Of course he knows that, he's a professional footballer. The only options once the ball rebounds behind him are stay down and hope whatever happens is over his head or get himself into the goal or off the field (and I only thought of those as options 10 minutes later). He has one or two seconds to make that decision.

What would you have done?

Get up and stop blocking the goal at minimum. The only way I'd be alright with him sitting there would be if a teammate was running on to the rebound for an immediate strike. He had time to get up in my opinion.

This takes away from the bigger issue with the goal though; VAR.

Still though, the performance gives me hope. We have the bones of a decent team.

Status
Not open for further replies.