Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Olé could be a success, he may have the managerial ability, and tactically at times he has looked very good especially during his golden start, a start he deserved great credit for as it continued after the expected initial easy fixtures and bounce but this is but a small, even tiny, part of any managers skill set.

When things have gone wrong, as of now, is a new test, the players have reverted to their earlier under achievement and the task is seen for the enormous job it is.

It's far harder for any manager when the wheels fall off, especially if the underlying reasons are beyond his control atm and need extensive reconstruction involving time and transfer windows.

He'll be given the chance and as he's so unproven, may be a success or an abject failure, the jury is out, there is far too little evidence to make a judgement either way. Unlike Pep or Klopp there is no suitable credible evidence from previous posts to inspire confidence only the fact that he was a great player in his time.

Solskjaer to me is a huge risk, has an enormous job on his hands, and may pass or fail, but given the enormity of it it will possibly be more surprising if he can complete it with any real degree of success. A technical director appointed yesterday or last month would help enormously, this is far too big a job for even a far more experienced and perhaps far more suitable candidate, help is badly needed.

With Poch, United could have given him £500million to spend. Levy will give him £50milllion if that. (Over a period not one window)

Solskjaer is an absolutely huge risk and one they didnt have to take.
The one thing I’ll say on this is: I think their fans are finally realising things weren’t all Moyes/Van Gaal/ Mourinho’s fault. I think they have some real bad apples in that dressing room as similar to Chelsea they seem to just completely down tools as soon as soon as they get a bollocking or get told it’s the manager’s way or this high way. Problem the players will have now is it’s very unlikely the fans will turn against Solskjaer with him being a club legend and the players may actually have to take some responsibility for their own actions.

The one thing that was telling yesterday was richarlison and smacking the badge that tells me he won’t be going anywhere

Player ratings from the Manchester Evening News. lol

D4wckXEXoAERpWU

Status
Not open for further replies.