Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from Madrid today for the game and loved it. Couldn't have really asked for much more in terms of the game. Me and my mate did think it was really weird how little the people around us sang and even looked remotely interested in the match but I guess that's par for course in the Main Stand.

I was enjoying his rant (other than his snidey “Everton” comment that we ran 4km further in first half) when the recording stopped. Please tell me he blew up
Made outrageous remarks regarding gardening/horticulture, failed to mention Everton and defended OGS to death whilst managing to say he was “fuming” every other word.

Anywhere to watch the full 90 online? posted this erlier,
set alarm for 12 tonight by mistake.. was off my rocker last night fs

[got one yesss] hit me up if want also.

Everton put on an impressive team display once again. Forwards were aggressive, with great interplay with midfield and the defence was sound. Everyone marked up and and tackled like terriers.

United lined up as 4-3-3 but played as strangers. Rashford, Lukaku and Martial never linked together, nor did Pogba, Fred and Matic. Fred was anonymous. The defence was vulnerable, with Jones at right back and Dalot at left back.

Possession was shared, but Everton dominated play, winning ten corners and taking fifteen shots. United brought on Young and McTominay at half time, but persevered with the sterile 4-3-3. Only a single shot on goal required a save from Pickford.

Lookman was ready to come on and cause more trouble when Digne injured himself in a tackle on Pogba. Jagielka went on in his place and Everton played time out safely, bar that single shot on goal.

Played them off the park today with the kind of quality that we should be seeing week in, week out with this side. I'm under no illusions we aren't even getting a whiff of City and the likes next season but there is no reason we shouldn't be on another 10+ points this season. It's the most frustrating aspect about us, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea all out worked and out fought and left here with nothing but it also means nothing if you can't do the same against the Fulhams of the league.

The side has potential, the Manager has potential, the whole club has potential. Be nice if we started to give a little bit back, dropped the yoyo nonsense and started being a consistently good side rather than the game raising one we are now.

We've seen what we are capable of, this is the standard. We need smart recruitment in the summer, not throwing about multiple millions on names. Don't even want to be giving Barcelona anymore of our money the leeching dirt bags. We all know the score.

Just wanted to add that Goodison looked magnificent today. It still has a majesty about her and it really is going to be a pain to leave.
The closer we inch towards the end of the old girl and a new shiny home, I feel a bit more sadness. Crowd is just becoming more and more aware of the twilight over Goodison these days and are determined to send her out in her seething glory magnificence

went the game, was great, watched half the highlights on SKY, even though they watched a different game, I can live with that, however the Everton game has been deleted from my recordings!!

Just for the record, here is the summary by Phil McNulty, Chief football writer for the BBC;

Everton in devastating form

Everton are on a hot streak at Goodison Park but this can rank alongside the finest displays seen at the famous old stadium in many seasons. Yes, much will be made of United's obvious deficiencies, but it would be a gross injustice to ignore a magnificent performance from a side who have drawn with Liverpool and beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and United in their past four home games without conceding a goal.

Everton swarmed all over United from the first whistle and there was never a moment when they looked like relinquishing control. Silva's pressing approach saw United harassed mercilessly for 90 minutes, but this was not simply about work-rate - Everton were full of skill, pace and athleticism. Idrissa Gueye was the fulcrum in midfield while Sigurdsson and the gifted Brazilian Bernard were the creators-in-chief from first to last.

There may have been some doubts expressed about Silva's position not so long ago, but this blistering run of home form - and a style which will win full favour from Everton's fans - surely means he will be given time to build, as he should.

Well, that was magnificent - even though all the talk will be about Utd. I love how OGS bust a gut for his audition, yet things have panned out differently since he's been installed permanently. I just hope they don't give too much of a response/backlash against Citeh. Now, let's similarly turn it on at Palace next week (unlike our last away at Fulham).

What a flipping result that was, still be last on motd and they will make it look like we fluked it. But we know the truth, we were better than them, wanted it more worked hard and we could have beaten a few teams recently by a bigger scoreline. I'm happy for the lads because it feels like they have been doing the right things and it's paid off today COYBs

Status
Not open for further replies.