Match Thread Everton v Manchester City (Wednesday 17 February 20:15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try being more arsed about your own club than what the Kult do Dave, you’re genuinely the only blue I know who ever wants us to lose games to stop them rather than benefit our ambitions
"Our ambitions".

FFS, this lot? They are an utter midden.

Fulham
Newcastle
Leeds

...all came to Goodison and completely bossed that lot.

"Ambitions".

Pfffft!

These 'kin divvies will get something off City and then go back behind the couch against Liverpool.

An utter shower of turds.
Even if we do beat City - and I can't see that - anyone on here getting carried away thinking it's significant is deluding themselves once more. As you say, we'll then inevitably revert to type when a bit of pressure comes on (such as to finally win a derby against a currently rancid Liverpool side). Losing at home to Fulham and beating Man City is the very definition of inconsistency. It could well happen.

More likely, though, is we'll lose the next two now. We've been found out. We're all show and no blow. Even if we were to somehow beat City AND Liverpool, we'd still only be making up points we lost at home to the mighty Fulham and Newcastle. Without two more big summer overhauls, Carlo is inching us forward and no more.

"Our ambitions".

FFS, this lot? They are an utter midden.

Fulham
Newcastle
Leeds

...all came to Goodison and completely bossed that lot.

"Ambitions".

Pfffft!
We’re still in a strong position for Europe despite results like tonight, we need results against City and Them to maintain that, that’s what’s important. City have a dozen or so games that they can easily rack up wins to keep them well ahead

Even if we do beat City - and I can't see that - anyone on here getting carried away thinking it's significant is deluding themselves once more. As you say, we'll then inevitably revert to type when a bit of pressure comes on (such as to finally win a derby against a currently rancid Liverpool side). Losing at home to Fulham and beating Man City is the very definition of inconsistency. It could well happen.

More likely, though, is we'll lose the next two now. We've been found out. We're all show and no blow. Even if we were to somehow beat City AND Liverpool, we'd still only be making up points we lost at home to the mighty Fulham and Newcastle. Without two more big summer overhauls, Carlo is inching us forward and no more.

I despair when we go on a decent run and pick up a few points and people start talking up a CL place.

FFS, we better not get top 4 because that lot will humiliate us in front of a whole continent.

I'd gut this squad and retain about 6/7 tops. We are so far off being a top team it's embarrassing.

We’re still in a strong position for Europe despite results like tonight, we need results against City and Them to maintain that, that’s what’s important. City have a dozen or so games that they can easily rack up wins to keep them well ahead
I dont want a result against City. It'd be like rubbing salt into that wound made tonight. An utter pisstake of a result if it happens.

No doubt they'll run around a bit and put a bit of effort in against city, city far to good though

Would rather we put effort into tonight and get our bellies tickled by city than the other way around.

I dont want a result against City. It'd be like rubbing salt into that wound made tonight. An utter pisstake of a result if it happens.

Master of it under the Moyes days funny enough after the biggest embarrassment in recent history at home to Wigan we beat City, embarrassing

Master of it under the Moyes days funny enough after the biggest embarrassment in recent history at home to Wigan we beat City, embarrassing
I can see it happening. I can also see a City team with so much class in it that they batter these frauds 10-0. I hope it's the latter, tbh.

I'm 'kin furious with these imposters.

I despair when we go on a decent run and pick up a few points and people start talking up a CL place.

FFS, we better not get top 4 because that lot will humiliate us in front of a whole continent.

I'd gut this squad and retain about 6/7 tops. We are so far off being a top team it's embarrassing.
Yup, and I fear that that is the magnitude of the change required if we are to become a top four side. Right now, we are on course to finish ninth, let alone the top six. Top four is pipe dream stuff with this shower. Our squad is riddled with mediocrity which gets talked up as soon as we scrape a few decent results. Davies, Holgate, Coleman, Sigurdsson, Gomes, etc are all one in three or four players. One in twelve for Davies. There are plenty more like them. Occasionally, they pull out a good win, but then regress to the mean. And Carlo seems to trust them more than a man of his experience really should. I noted his quote before the game tonight and the alarm bells went off as it was oh so similar to the Newcastle game when he appeared to be complacent in his attitude the game. We really are not so good that we can be relied on to beat Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham, or even Fulham at home. Any result against a side like Liverpool is massively out of character for these lads. The "better" sides we have beaten this season are all deeply flawed or going through a crisis (Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea). We'll always be competitive against Leicester because they are Leicester and we have no inferiority complex there. We'll rally against City, perform respectively, give them a scare and lose 3-1. Then we'll find a way to implode in the derby.

Referee: Andre Marriner.
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Richard West.
Fourth official: Lee Mason.
VAR: Simon Hooper.
Assistant VAR: Derek Eaton.

Status
Not open for further replies.