Match Thread Everton v Manchester City (Wednesday 17 February 20:15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are spanking us in the leagues for cup, only winning at anfield on the weekend can rescue that abysmal performance and result

Pickford
Holgate - Keane - Mina - Godfrey
Iwobi - Allan (C) - Doucoure - Davies - Digne
King

Nothing against Richarlison but he looked tired and we need him for the Derby, fresh.

James looks like he picked up a knock so he'll be out.

Give King and Allan some minutes plus their own game will be of use.

Pickford is back in over Olsen who's kicking is terrifying.

Pickford
Holgate - Keane - Mina - Godfrey
Iwobi - Allan (C) - Doucoure - Davies - Digne
King

Nothing against Richarlison but he looked tired and we need him for the Derby, fresh.

James looks like he picked up a knock so he'll be out.

Give King and Allan some minutes plus their own game will be of use.

Pickford is back in over Olsen who's kicking is terrifying.

Allan is not going to be captain is he?

The stars are aligned for us to get spanked after the Fulham performance but this is Everton, a team that can comeback from two goals down at Old Trafford to snatch a draw. A team that can get outplayed twice at home by relegation fodder (Newcastle/Fulham) and not lay a glove on either of them.
A team that's took 4 points from Leicester, beat Arsenal, beat Chelsea, beat Spurs, drew with Liverpool A team that's got the most points from the 'big 6' games.

Jekyll and Hide FC 1-1 Man Citeh

Pickford
Godrfey Mina Keane Digne
Davies Allan Doucoure
Iwobi DCL King

Allan is not going to be captain is he?

No but I wish he would because I'm sick and tired of weak captains like Coleman and Sigurdsson who not lead or rally these sloths and crabs.

Game one v Spurs, Allan took over our midfield and dictated our drive and fight.

He leads by example something we have missed.

Reactions: JLW

Draw against City, because there's no expectation on the cowards to produce; followed by a loss to Liverpool...because that's just what these cowards do.

We won’t play like we did against Fulham. We’ll probably scrape a draw and look back on the Fulham and Newcastle games at the end of the season imagining what could have been

Probably win it. No expectation is when Everton turn up. Plucky underdogs. Its when there is expectation we cant handle it.

Normally after a defeat i am still fuming the next day and hoping for a reaction in the next game but after years of everton being nomarks I am starting to feel indifferent as last night was so predictable you just have to laugh

All signs point to this being ninety minutes of methodical torture for us, with Man City knocking the ball about freely and seemingly scoring at will. Haven't made my mind up on whether to watch the game or just squat down in a dark room for an hour and a half with my testicles soaking in a pint glass of Domestos; not sure which one will be the worse experience.

Olsen
Coleman Keane Holgate Delph
Davies Besic
Iwobi Sigurdsson Bernard

King

EFC.png

CITY.png

Status
Not open for further replies.