Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at the table and I cant. How anyone can I don't know.

Maybe some have fallen for the PL client media spin that "Everton will be ok...great season to get deducted 10 points".

It's tripe and always was tripe.

This is a serious fight to the last day of the season. I've been cautioning for months not to count on Luton being below us this season. If anyone has factored them into the bottom three they're deluded. That's why wins for the likes of Forest and Wolves have been so worrying. Those in the pack above us seem always out of reach.

So, in short, the pollyanna stuff about "relaxing" is not warranted at all.

We need points thrown back to us and some luck to get us safe. Look at the table: 4 wins on the bounce and now we're 1 point off being relegated.

I agree with some of this, because we are not safe, unless we are mathematically safe. In our favour though is that we have been in good form, the fixtures are tough at the moment. But we don’t know how city will be affected by all the travel, hopefully they are knackered and we are fresh, we can take advantage of that and take 3 points. COYB’s.

No Gueye or Doucoure so options are few and far between.

I think Gomes v City would be suicidal personally especially when we will be lucky to get 20% possession. Keane will get his start but I would prefer Godfrey for his pace alone.

DCL will lead the line again but Beto will definitely get his cameo because it will be a lonely night upfront.

Man City of late have been playing a 3-2-4-1 and will probably be near enough full strength minus Haaland and KDB.

XI v City (5-4-1)
Pickford
Patterson - Tarkowski - Keane - Branthwaite - Mykolenko
Harrison - Onana - Garner - McNeil
DCL
I think Garner, Onana and Gomes did well against spurs, I’m expecting that will be the 3 we start with in central midfield, in a 451

Let's hope that Haaland and De Bruyne dont make it. Still a formidable team. We need to play to our strengths and hit them on the break Get those set pieces in and around thr box and make them count

Feel like this might be a decent time to play these, especially if they have 1 or 2 out, gotta make sure were up for it and in their faces from the off though, and they might not fancy a scrap for 90mins after christmas and that world club cup.

Pickford
Coleman Tarks Branthwaite Myko
Onana Garner
Harrison Gomes McNeil
DCL​

I think Garner, Onana and Gomes did well against spurs, I’m expecting that will be the 3 we start with in central midfield, in a 451
I feel that if young is fit he will go

Pickford
Harrison Tarky Branthwaite myko
Young garner Onana McNeill
Harrison DCL

Beto, gomes,danjuma options off the bench

A narrow defeat won't be too damaging as I feel we can go to Wolves this weekend and win the game. A draw would be a fantastic result tonight but anything to keep the GD healthy is a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.