Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
B) of course.

But let's not kid ourselves that we won't find ourselves in the bottom three again...and if I were a player I'd be more than despondent if our good reaction to the points deduction had been for nought and I'd feel the injustice even more keenly.
Im hopeful that the lads will do us proud tomorrow, but lets not kid ourselves, despite their recent results, these fellas are still 1 of the best teams in the world.

Im hopeful that the lads will do us proud tomorrow, but lets not kid ourselves, despite their recent results, these fellas are still 1 of the best teams in the world.
I expect a loss.

But if we beat them imagine Luton, Burnley and Sheff United...they'd capitulate mentally.

I dont think they would Dave.
I do. If you're Luton especially with that belief "they're a special group" as that spanner manager of theirs claims you'd look at Everton beating City and throw your hands up in despair.

We need to beat down hard on those no marks at the bottom and offer them no hope.

We made a big statement in the defeat to Spurs. We are a team that should be in European contention this year. We will be treated like that by the teams aiming for CL.

Don’t concede an early wonder goal & we’ll give them a game. Could still get blown out of the water if they are firing but we’ll make them work for it.

We’ll be well up for this

Our players will be half buzzing with dominating Spurs for 70 minutes and half fuming they didn’t come away with at least a point with more crap officiating to blame!

If the Man City that weren’t up for a fight hopefully without Rodri and De Bruyne turn up then we have every chance of getting something

No Gueye or Doucoure so options are few and far between.

I think Gomes v City would be suicidal personally especially when we will be lucky to get 20% possession. Keane will get his start but I would prefer Godfrey for his pace alone.

DCL will lead the line again but Beto will definitely get his cameo because it will be a lonely night upfront.

Man City of late have been playing a 3-2-4-1 and will probably be near enough full strength minus Haaland and KDB.

XI v City (5-4-1)
Pickford
Patterson - Tarkowski - Keane - Branthwaite - Mykolenko
Harrison - Onana - Garner - McNeil
DCL

This Man City team is one of the best in football history, but anything is possible under the Goodison lights.

Beat them tonight and Luton's morale will be devastated.

Status
Not open for further replies.