Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans calling for Coleman to be replaced by the French man apparently. .

Why is it that an Everton player only ever gets dropped when they are no longer peak? Especially in defence?

Are fans calling for Coleman? I haven't heard it

Fans calling for Coleman to be replaced by the French man apparently. .

Why is it that an Everton player only ever gets dropped when they are no longer peak? Especially in defence?

Are fans calling for Coleman? I haven't heard it
Coleman has stunk the place out for a while, Not saying Sidibie is/will be better but I wanna see how he handles himself in the PL.

Why would anyone actively seek a place to watch Everton play? Go and enjoy your day mate.
Bungle I think this lad has heard something,the match is fixed or something, the lads gone to Berlin to put a bet on the game, watch it there, then pick up his winnings. Gonna put a good few pound on Everton myself.

have we ever been destroyed by City though? I don't feel confident either but I feel like we always put up a decent fight against them at Goodison but due to how this seasons started it could get ugly, That Sheff United match has sucked all the confidence out of me for this teams hopes.
Going back quite awhile, Alec Ashworth scored two quick goals for us, the game finished up 5-2 to City, at Goodison as well, late fifties I think.

They are obviously going to come at us which will give us a chance, a small chance to catch them on the break, it will have to be done at least twice because City will slot.
That is the benefit of playing the bigger teams( we struggle to break down a low block of teams that sit in), they will come onto us and we have a chance of breaking on them. But I doubt we can keep it down below at least two in our net. I hope I'm wrong.

Coming to your place is always a tricky fixture for us.
City fans always approach this fixture with apprehension.
It will be a tough game - it always is. Our defence is there to
be attacked so this one could go either way.
You have very little to worry about mate(reverse psychology and hopes our gutless wonders actually put in a performance).

If Norwich can beat them so can we. I know we have been poor but a game like this should give everyone the chance to start to redeem themselves. At the very least don’t be defeatist before a ball is kicked. Just my feelings on it anyway.
I just want a performance that gives us a bit of hope. If they play at their best we lose but we can get at their back four.

Status
Not open for further replies.