Match Thread Everton v Man United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forest arent top 6!

Yes but we’ve had two games at home against teams outside the top 6 and got 4 points. We’re a mid table side, home games against the bottom 13 are where most of our points will come from yet we’ve had three top 6 teams in the first five home games and if it wasn’t for the Arsenal game being postponed we’d have had two away also in the first 9 games.

We’ll pick up points this season as the defence is better.

Get Patherson back, keep DCL fit, play Garner, cut the sloppiness out and we’ll be fine.

always going to be a tough one after their humiliation last game. As a previous All Black coach once colourfully said after a poor result 'we'll just flush that one down the dunny... and move on."

I'll get killed for saying this and I'm not making excuses but take away stupid individual mistakes, even in the nonsense that got their third chalked off, and really it's just a bit of a bad day at the office for us. People lost the plot at the thing that came out last season about "expected losses" but they are real things, I don't anticipate getting any points from the top 6 this season so any that we do get are a bonus.

United are very clearly a very good side that have been in decline for years whereas we have been a bad side that hopefully will be on the ascent. Nothing wrong losing the points, some players will just have to look at themselves and try again next week, simply put.

They battered is in the first half, if they would have had 4 I don’t think anyone could have complained.

IMO the midfield was overwhelmed due to a lack of urgency from our front 3. They passed it around them so easy and transitioned onto our midfield and just passed it around them as well. The sloppiness in possession was horrendous as well

The lack of threat from the 2 wingers hinders us more than people think.
They battered us with possession. They took advantage of 2 bad mistakes. Agree that we were not at the races and our wide boys offered very little in movement to create space. The midfield start to dither on the ball when no one is creating space for a pass so we ended up being poor in possession but we were also poor out of possession in the 1st half. 2nd half was an improvement but not greatly

I doubt we will play many games with as many sloppy errors the rest of this season.

They are trying to use the ball well and look forward with it, but tonight the midfield played like they couldn’t understand why the ball and the grass was wet and slippy.

I chose mykolenko as motm for me, the best of a bad bunch. Hard to pick iwobi when his loss of possession cost us their second goal and didn't seem quite at his best today apart from the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.