Match Thread Everton v Man Citeh

Snickers - have they got smaller over the last 5 years?

• Yes

Votes: 276 93.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...if City play like they did at West Ham you have to think they will have too much ability in the top third. I'm one of the few Sterling fans and if he matches up against Baines it will be interesting. Saying that, generally speaking we are a difficult team to beat, especially at Goodison.

The new signings will give the place a lift after last weeks Cup disappointment. It'll be interesting if he goes safe with Barry sitting deep in front of the back four or he goes a bit more expansive. Nothing would surprise me whichever two of Barry/Davies/Schneiderlin start the game.

You would think Lookman will get a place on the bench, much will depend on how he's impressed in training.
One of the few full matches I've seen this season. and I can honestly say, if West Ham defend like that every game they'll go down

Think he should start schneiderlin. Only way to get match fit is to play matches. If Mccarthy if fit then maybe play them both. Barry and Davies on the bench

I agree with this.

Although I can't see us being beaten today it will be no big surprise if we are and we are deffo not favourites.

So get as many minutes as we can into Schneiderlin and start getting him match fit before we go to Palace next week and a fixture we really should be winning if we are serious contenders for the 7th Place Trophy.

It'll be gutting if Barry makes the starting XI. Would really hinder us getting up the pitch and we'd end up being camped in our own half.

Got to get on the front foot and exploit their obvious weakness.

Would love to see Stones start. Can imagine Lukaku got a lot of joy against him at Finch Farm over the past couple of years.

Hope this is wrong

Stek
Coleman-Williams-Mori-Baines
McCarthy-Barry-Schneiderlin
Valencia-Lukaku-Mirallas

I'll be very surprised if the team isn't this and in this formation:

Stekelenburg
Coleman Jagielka Williams Baines
McCarthy Davies Schneiderlin
Barkley Lukaku Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.