Match Thread Everton v Man Citeh

Snickers - have they got smaller over the last 5 years?

• Yes

Votes: 276 93.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully the public comments made about the state of the squad is enough to fire the players up and make them earn their shirt... so I'm going for a 3-2 EFC win.

If any of them don't put in a shift today, I hope the door doesn't hit them on their way out!

I wonder if he'll give Lookman a chance today.

After his comments regarding the squad and the future of some players, I think he will.

...if City play like they did at West Ham you have to think they will have too much ability in the top third. I'm one of the few Sterling fans and if he matches up against Baines it will be interesting. Saying that, generally speaking we are a difficult team to beat, especially at Goodison.

The new signings will give the place a lift after last weeks Cup disappointment. It'll be interesting if he goes safe with Barry sitting deep in front of the back four or he goes a bit more expansive. Nothing would surprise me whichever two of Barry/Davies/Schneiderlin start the game.

You would think Lookman will get a place on the bench, much will depend on how he's impressed in training.

City can be impressive going forward, but if you can attack them, you can reveal gaping holes in their defence.

It may be an occasion to be more aggressive - the danger is the counter-attack.

Perhaps three at the back offers a way to unsettle City.

Status
Not open for further replies.