Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Waffle, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Keep this up.and that is where we will.end up... seems we are already waving the white flag.

Losing is no disgrace to anyone, but of you don't fight for it, show what it means, really care then the fans at least can see that..

It appears at least for now, we are nowhere near that...

nowhere near what? and i don’t think for one second that we won’t or don’t show fight

gotta start to show it again

That performance was so disappointing, and to lose at the end like that was terrible. But the "reward" if we'd got through a replay would be to play Citeh, so thankfully that's another game our relegation rivals Luton will have to play instead. Probably as close to a positive as I can take from this weekend.

That performance was so disappointing, and to lose at the end like that was terrible. But the "reward" if we'd got through a replay would be to play Citeh, so thankfully that's another game our relegation rivals Luton will have to play instead. Probably as close to a positive as I can take from this weekend.
No positives from that game from me yesterday was just rubbish. Just shocke me every time that this is the standard of football we have seen from this team for years now. Yes the barkley push, beto pen but just cant accept that from the players yesterday need somebody to step up in midfield or up top and none of them dis

Don’t really get this “we would have got City” thing. We’d have been a totally different ball/number than Luton.

The majority reaction about that whole team performance yesterday is correctly one of disgust.
Just how long do they think they can carry on 'performing' like that whilst wearing our shirt?
I've seen so many gutless performances from us over the last decade that I've lost count. We really are as soft as s****.
I've had enough now. Don't pick any of these who started yesterday for Tuesday's match. None of them. And make them make their own way to Fulham.Or not. I don't care.
And Dyche better start working this out. His tactics are unacceptable and if he doesn't pull his finger out he should be booted out. That display will live in infamy as a new low for our once great club. He needs new players. Tell the owners if they don't pony up for 2/3 replacements then he's off.
It's sickening watching this shower. Sickening.

he wont be booted out

Don’t really get this “we would have got City” thing. We’d have been a totally different ball/number than Luton.

Apparently not.

According to @alan ball the numbers had already been designated before the weekend.

And either EFC or Luton would have been ball 13.

The Emirates FA Cup fifth round draw will be made on the afternoon of Sunday 28 January, live in the UK on ITV1 and across our official social media channels.

With the fourth round kicking-off on Thursday evening and further ties taking place across Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, the draw will take place ahead of the game between Liverpool and Norwich City from around 2pm GMT.

With Seema Jaswal presenting, the draw will be made by former Chelsea and Liverpool player Glen Johnson.

The fifth round will be scheduled during the week commencing Monday 26 February, with a prize fund offering of £225,000 for winning clubs.

The ball numbers for the draw can be found below:

1 Watford or Southampton
2 Blackburn Rovers or Wrexham
3 AFC Bournemouth
4 West Bromwich Albion or Wolverhampton Wanderers
5 Bristol City or Nottingham Forest
6 Leicester City or Birmingham City
7 Sheffield Wednesday or Coventry City
8 Chelsea or Aston Villa
9 Ipswich Town or Maidstone United
10 Liverpool or Norwich City
11 Manchester City
12 Leeds United or Plymouth Argyle
13 Everton or Luton Town
14 Newport County or Manchester United
15 Sheffield United or Brighton & Hove Albion
16 Fulham or Newcastle United

I had a dream we lost to Luton, at home, twice! Thank god that couldn't possibly be true. :Blink: 🤬

9 times out of 10 I can tell if we are going to get a result within the first couple of minutes of a match. If the crowd is flat* we inevitably fall short. We need to crank it back up else the team don't give what we need them too.

*Oh and if Doucoure is playing or not.