Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can only play on the counter so when it’s not on they just boot it long hoping that the opposition defence will make a mistake that they can counter from. Kick and rush FC.

I've not watched them much this season, but that doesn't surprise me, VVD is about their best player IMHO, the forwards are just fast and I thought we dealt with them OK, they probably got in 3 times and pick Ford did well against them

Pickford had a good game today, but his kicking was awful - out for a throw in it straight to their keeper too many times. Keane did well and made a brilliant tackle to prevent that chance from Salah. Coleman was decent, I thought, but his crossing was still poor. Bernard was decent as well. Richarlison did much better than Walcott had done and transformed our right side into a threat which was constantly causing them problems later on.

Can’t watch these games so I’ve been on total lockdown since 4pm.

Phew, thought we were gonna receive a right hammering but I’m happy for silva, reason a few posts we seemed to well organised.

So who had the best chances? Or was it a bit of a drab attacking affair and more of organised battle??

They had a couple of really clear chances but were so wasteful. Pickford made a great save from Salah from clean through in the first half.

Our best chance fell to Bernard, a cross flashed across the 6 yard box and he was about a pube’s width away from getting his toe on it. DCL tested Alisson with a header from a corner. That was basically it in terms of anything clear. A poor game quality-wise but our effort was refreshing and encouraging, we didn’t look scared of them at all.

Plenty of heart, plenty of effort, the bare minimum we ask for from them and when we saw it, we lifted the roof for them? Let’s hope they pick up on that and give something to shout about?

Oh yes, ad I hope Atkinson gets melon sized haemorrhoids, the koppite slag!

Man, Goodison was absolutely rocking since kickoff. If Goodison were like that for every match, it would be almost impossible for opposing teams to win at. I wish they could get that atmosphere every match...

Expansive football my arse, kick and rush, like most on here called it, a lesser side than Everton could beat them.

Great performance with everyone upping their game with the exception of Theo. This needs to be a catalyst for us stringing together a run of good performances and hopefully some wins.

It pains me to say this but even Morgan played well!

COYB.

Last edited:
They had a couple of really clear chances but were so wasteful. Pickford made a great save from Salah from clean through in the first half.

Our best chance fell to Bernard, a cross flashed across the 6 yard box and he was about a pube’s width away from getting his toe on it. DCL tested Alisson with a header from a corner. That was basically it in terms of anything clear. A poor game quality-wise but our effort was refreshing and encouraging, we didn’t look scared of them at all.

That’s what I was really scared of

Status
Not open for further replies.