Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
in a way i kind of wish that they hadn't just been slaughtered by villa, it would just be two teams on form in a very competitive match and a lot less expectation on us to win.

Now if we lose it will be, couldn't even beat us in your best run and one of our worst, and god help us if we don't even score.

But if we win, even by a whisker it will be so sweet.

Top of the table 5 wins from 5, beat Liverpool, outside title contenders all eyes on Everton and the magic of James and Ancelotti .

That sentence just doesn't sound like the Everton i know as i am 27 and its just not the Everton i have followed but want it to be so badly!

Come on Everton let us dream!

Screenshot_20201015-221922_Chrome.jpg

When we kick off on Saturday it'll be 10 years exactly to the day since we last beat them.

22 games have come and gone without a victory. You could honestly say only a few came close to a win (Howard giving away that late penalty at Anfield, Sturridge scoring late in the 3-3, Davies nearly won the most recent one).

Its grim reading. And in our entire history we've never had such a long drought against THEM.

It has to end. It must end. Surely.

View attachment 104505

When we kick off on Saturday it'll be 10 years exactly to the day since we last beat them.

22 games have come and gone without a victory. You could honestly say only a few came close to a win (Howard giving away that late penalty at Anfield, Sturridge scoring late in the 3-3, Davies nearly won the most recent one).

Its grim reading. And in our entire history we've never had such a long drought against THEM.

It has to end. It must end. Surely.
top of the table unbeaten in 4, 10 years to the day, Oh god the stars are aligning.

top of the table unbeaten in 4, 10 years to the day, Oh god the stars are aligning.
add we could win 8 in row at start of season for 1st time since 1894 - 8th game 1894 was Liverpool [3-0 us]-so many similar things match lol
so many people seem to be more worried Liverpool lost 7-2 than think we can win after winning 4 in a row via league- a lost v villa they were going to have a go anyway-7-2 means nothing different to me-if they beat Villa it would be same from some that they could beat us

I have a major major feeling Liverpool are going to play very defensive. Don’t think they will come at us guns blazing I feel they will do everything to be solid and win the midfield. I’m sure carlo is ready for it but feel klopp will have them this way and try and frustrate and snuff us, grind out a win.

Yeah, this break has been a blessing for them. We were a juggernaut and they just been humbled, I'd have been a lot more confident if this game was played last week, regardless of our injury concerns

I have a feeling they are going to try and hurt James early...
I have a stronger feeling that they’ll clip Allens wings by getting him booked early, Robertson nailed on to be the one rolling around after every tackle with Hendinho & Klopp giving it the big un to Oliver each time, cheats

For whatever reason, @chicoazul 's previews don't get posted on the forum but his derby preview is definitely worth reading:

Status
Not open for further replies.