Match Thread Everton v Liverpool (Monday 16 March 20:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d play Dominic and Richarlison wide to combat Liverpool’s attacking full backs and help ours, with Kean up front using his pace to try for any break aways, trouble is who to play at full back and midfield, if you use Holgate in either of those positions you leave Keane at centre back, that’s a scary thought.On second thoughts I’ll leave the problem to Carlo, he’s getting well paid to sort these problems out.

They will steam roll us.

Reckon they will win by 3 clear goals
You prediction may come true, but I think it's a bizarre prediction nevertheless. As I've pointed out on other threads they aren't actually that good, had we had Ferguson in the dugout in December the game would of been a lot closer, we may have got a draw. I think some people are just over reacting after yesterday, Chelsea could of easily beat Liverpool 4-0 last week, they just outclassed us simple as. I think it will be a tight game maybe a draw, or settled by 1 goal, I don't think they'll destroy us.

You prediction may come true, but I think it's a bizarre prediction nevertheless. As I've pointed out on other threads they aren't actually that good, had we had Ferguson in the dugout in December the game would of been a lot closer, we may have got a draw. I think some people are just over reacting after yesterday, Chelsea could of easily beat Liverpool 4-0 last week, they just outclassed us simple as. I think it will be a tight game maybe a draw, or settled by 1 goal, I don't think they'll destroy us.
buddy they are runaway 20+ leaders of the league in march on course for a record points today ever and have destroyed the everton by 5 goals and also with their children playing already this season perhaps u have been in a coma.

We never get hammered at home. This will be tight

So - lets say they need a point to win the league. Its 0-0 in the 80th minute and they start knocking the ball around without trying to score. Do we take the 0-0 as point gained and move on or would fans want us all out to win, with the risk also of losing

buddy they are runaway 20+ leaders of the league in march on course for a record points today ever and have destroyed the everton by 5 goals and also with their children playing already this season perhaps u have been in a coma.
We lost to them in the league game at Anfield when we had Silva and were losing to everybody. I we'd taken our chances at Anfield we would of got something at Anfield. If you look at their results, take away games against Southampton at home and Leicester away they've all been pretty close. They were lucky to beat West Ham, lucky to beat Norwich, lucky to beat Wolves and could of easily drew on Saturday. We've been terrible this season, yet up until the last few games, we weren't that far from the top 4. We were level on points with Wolves who have been far better than us this season. If Watford can beat them 3-0, I don't know why we should be sitting here thinking we gonna get destroyed. I don't think we'll win, but nor do I think they'll destroy us. In my opinion this has been the worse season in my lifetime, in terms of the quality of the teams in the premier league even Europe, they were very lucky to even get out of the group stage last season on the champions league, it was only down to Milik deciding to hit the ball right at Allsion, otherwise they'd of been out. They are the devils club, they get lucky, they cheat and get dodgy VAR decisions, so yes I'm not optimistic, but this Liverpool side are nowhere near as good as the great Man United, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal sides of the past.

We lost to them in the league game at Anfield when we had Silva and were losing to everybody. I we'd taken our chances at Anfield we would of got something at Anfield. If you look at their results, take away games against Southampton at home and Leicester away they've all been pretty close. They were lucky to beat West Ham, lucky to beat Norwich, lucky to beat Wolves and could of easily drew on Saturday. We've been terrible this season, yet up until the last few games, we weren't that far from the top 4. We were level on points with Wolves who have been far better than us this season. If Watford can beat them 3-0, I don't know why we should be sitting here thinking we gonna get destroyed. I don't think we'll win, but nor do I think they'll destroy us. In my opinion this has been the worse season in my lifetime, in terms of the quality of the teams in the premier league even Europe, they were very lucky to even get out of the group stage last season on the champions league, it was only down to Milik deciding to hit the ball right at Allsion, otherwise they'd of been out. They are the devils club, they get lucky, they cheat and get dodgy VAR decisions, so yes I'm not optimistic, but this Liverpool side are nowhere near as good as the great Man United, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal sides of the past.
which is just super buddy except i mentioned the bit about their young boys beating evertons best when ancelotti was manager and that bit about a record points total in play which should have saved u a gigantic paragraph just there.

After the hammering we took in London and how the whole team strolled around looking not interested this will break us I fear. It won't take a clanger from Pickford at the death to resolve this score line.

They've not got a particulary great record at Goodison in the last decade. Their only two wins in the 2010s coming after Rodwell got incorrectly sent-off and then the Mane one when the initial shot hit the post and the rebound couldn't have fallen anymore perfect for him.

The Goodison derby generally is drawn thesedays and wouldn't be suprised to this one go that way too.

If Man Citys results go Liverpool's way, I dont think I'll even be able to watch this game... Bad enough losing to them all the time, bad enough their kids knocking us out of the FA Cup, bad enough them winning the league this year, but watching them win the league at Goodison is too much to stomach...

Status
Not open for further replies.