Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison made the run in behind his fullback non stop there today and not once did a team mate even try and find him. It was embarassing watching them bottle it and play back or square. This is the top flight. It's pathetic.

Get rid of the lot of those players.

Richarlison made the run in behind his fullback non stop there today and not once did a team mate even try and find him. It was embarassing watching them bottle it and play back or square. This is the top flight. It's pathetic.

Get rid of the lot of those players.

He played two games left before his ban. TWO. In a team that was nowhere near the same team as it is now in terms of other personnel, really.

He then played 2 games - Arsenal and Fulham - as a left winger before being moved central. We went on our good run with him central, when the team was pressing high and playing good football.

He has played more times in the middle than on the left, and has had better games in the middle.

He isn't a winger. He's a forward. And more importantly, he's currently the only player we have who can play the role that Silva's system requires of a striker.

yes

a left-sided forward

Any time we have more of the ball we make constant little errors that ruin any chance of making consistent chances. Until that ends it doesn't matter what else we do we won't consistently win at home.

He played two games left before his ban. TWO. In a team that was nowhere near the same team as it is now in terms of other personnel, really.

He then played 2 games - Arsenal and Fulham - as a left winger before being moved central. We went on our good run with him central, when the team was pressing high and playing good football.

He has played more times in the middle than on the left, and has had better games in the middle.

He isn't a winger. He's a forward. And more importantly, he's currently the only player we have who can play the role that Silva's system requires of a striker.
Well then, in those 4 games I think we looked more like a proper unit and Richy on a personal level was a largely threat persistently in all those games cutting in and taking shots. Arriving late or early etc.

He's scored a couple up front but as a result we've no left wing threat. We already know there's no threat on the right with Walcott/Coleman.

Now we've moved him back and it's like he's forgotten how to play there.

yes

a left-sided forward

Which is fine, if we play a front three.

But we don't, or at least we didn't today.

We played him as a winger and so he was basically anonymous.

It doesn't excuse a poor display, but as a team we are better with him central. He makes us tick from that position. Out on the left he's far too easily frustrated.

Something is going on again at the club....

Someone has done or said something and the happy vibe is dead. We’ll probably never find out like...

Probably the TV companies.

Cannot upset the 6 and a month ago that looked a very real possibility.

All I know is that watching games of football should be escapism and a release from day to day work/life.

Work and life away from football is a million times more enjoyable!

I have no idea why I still care.

Not much you can say about that,a few players need to take a long hard look at themselves,Walcott needs taking out of the firing line before things turn nasty,we need to just not appeal for corners/throw ins as we just gift the ball back to the opposition,I honestly dont know what can change the club and the comfortably numb feeling that hangs over it

You could see we were the better team against Brighton and Leicester but we have no nous to open them up and not good enough players to lead the line nor good enough players to create. Brain farts at the back continue to happen. We sometimes over commit up top expecting a good delivery but it very rarely comes thus getting counter attacked often.

That's pretty much it. We get ourselves exposed on the counter due to poor decision making, poor quality. Most of it is due to Walcott or Richarlison, but some of the service was okay, just no good big man to finish up front. Lack of quality at RB also hurts us. Thank heavens for Gana. He saved our tail time and time again from getting cut up on the break.

Were we the better side today? I don’t think so. One shot on target. Leicester had a plan and a lethal striker and it worked.
Beaten Chelsea and City recently and now in seventh. They deserve to be there and we deserve to be mid table at best.

Well a mistake against Leicester and Brighton was what cost us the game but I believe we were still the better team regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.