Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that you can only bring the animals to the watering hole but you can’t make them drink. Games like city Marco was to blame but when we have the majority of possession and what seems to be the front foot the whole game the players need to capitalize
What did he do during the game today that made us better. As in changes or that.
We looked as clueless after 90 mins as we did after 9.

He’s got good reason to, apart from brief success with Martinez and Koeman, Sam has been our best manager in recent times, he didn’t have Lukaku the others did. Hope we are on good terms with sam we are looking like we might need him back.

I'm assuming you have having a wind up.

Why isn't he employed now? He's available.

He has performed far better for us centrally than on the left, though.

And he makes Silva's 4-2-3-1 work because he knows where to be and when to press. He also has the footballing ability that Dom lacks.
I disagree. The games he played left before he went upfront he was better. He gave the team something more.

Yes I know he's had one or two decent performances up front, but I think in terms of a 90 minute performance he was better on the left.

Could just be me thinking this. Either way none of it is good enough.

He needs help. I'm a bit miffed by Brands' comments because it's evident we do need more players.

That being said, his tactics are the same at the minute. As soon as we go behind he resorts to chucking loads of attackers on with no system.

I understand Lookman is out injured, but why is it taking so long to overcome a knock. He needs to sort it.
Well you could read it that Brands is protecting his manager like managers protect their players.

There needs to be instructions other than get it wide and cross aimlessly. We've been doing it all season the exact same thing. Cross cross cross with no plan. That there lies with Silva's nonexistent tactical nous.
Silva is useless, sooner he goes the better, we keep getting these poor managers, Pellegrini would have been a much better choice, we need experience.

You could see we were the better team against Brighton and Leicester but we have no nous to open them up and not good enough players to lead the line nor good enough players to create. Brain farts at the back continue to happen. We sometimes over commit up top expecting a good delivery but it very rarely comes thus getting counter attacked often.
Were we the better side today? I don’t think so. One shot on target. Leicester had a plan and a lethal striker and it worked.
Beaten Chelsea and City recently and now in seventh. They deserve to be there and we deserve to be mid table at best.

siggurdson and Walcott , both playing like a boy whos dog just died.
keane's gone back to beng a calamity.
pickford , just way too erratic
gomes , looks like a player struggling for fitness after his injury.
dmc , looks like he should be at Sheffield utd still
richarlison , too moody and not playing with any flair.
trouble leaking goals, trouble scoring goals.
the fitness and moral look as shocking as our passing and shooting.

this manager has problems and doesn't look remotely close to knowing what they are , let alone solving them.

time to get back to basics and drop those not performing and struggling.
mina and zouma, back 2.
lookman left , Bernard right.
play 2 up top.tosun and richarlison playing off him.
44 effin 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.