Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurdsson and richarlison doing their best Me invisible impressions.

Calvert Lewin - not prem standard and neve will be.

Walcott for the 100th time absolute dross.

That's part of his job. To get them Playin well.
My point is that you can only bring the animals to the watering hole but you can’t make them drink. Games like city Marco was to blame but when we have the majority of possession and what seems to be the front foot the whole game the players need to capitalize

Playing at goodison now is not a good experience. Atmosphere is zero. I understand team is not producing results but the days of where teams fear a hostile goodison are gone. Too many cool lads ( or unisex persons)in skinny jeans who are too cool to make a bit of noise. Dead dead. Now for my next rant

Whether he's better on the left or up front, I personally think on the left, the fact is we've messed around with his role too much and that's having an adverse affect on his performances.

He has performed far better for us centrally than on the left, though.

And he makes Silva's 4-2-3-1 work because he knows where to be and when to press. He also has the footballing ability that Dom lacks.

Without trying to sound condescending or rub salt into the wounds that was far too comfortable for us second half. I usually fear the worst but at no point did I feel we were going to concede after we scored.

We were tragic as well for most of it but obviously the points are nice. Hope things get better for you soon

....very poor and largely clueless. The manager has to be accountable for the run of results, it his job. The team looks flat, the tempo is ponderous and it’s Silva’s job to turn things around or thepressure will mount.

Zouma went to sleep for a freekick but played well up to that point and nearly bailed Keane out for the goal. Zouma my MoM.
What was the other goal he gifted?

Maguire slightly offside.

Did we even get a shot on target all game? Gueye was the only one working. Walcott awful once again headed back for the Vardy goal. He will still get some votes though.

You could see we were the better team against Brighton and Leicester but we have no nous to open them up and not good enough players to lead the line nor good enough players to create. Brain farts at the back continue to happen. We sometimes over commit up top expecting a good delivery but it very rarely comes thus getting counter attacked often.

4th most successful club in History, we've sung champions of England 9 times.
Which is meaningless now though.
Imagine you had a choice of supporting, say, Aston Villa or Leicester. Would you go for seven titles a long time ago and a European Cup before most of your current fans were born, or would you go for the team that were the PL champions only three seasons ago?
Personally I’d have the latter.

Less than one second of booing haha.
Cos a large amount didn't even bother to stay to the end... while only 0-1 down at home! Says it all realy, there was no goal in that team today, not even if we had played for 5 hours.

Not with missing the bus home just to waste your breath booing that dross.

My point is that you can only bring the animals to the watering hole but you can’t make them drink. Games like city Marco was to blame but when we have the majority of possession and what seems to be the front foot the whole game the players need to capitalize
There needs to be instructions other than get it wide and cross aimlessly. We've been doing it all season the exact same thing. Cross cross cross with no plan. That there lies with Silva's nonexistent tactical nous.

Status
Not open for further replies.