Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Without trying to sound condescending or rub salt into the wounds that was far too comfortable for us second half. I usually fear the worst but at no point did I feel we were going to concede after we scored.

We were tragic as well for most of it but obviously the points are nice. Hope things get better for you soon

We don't have a decent proper striker so we are a bit toothless. It's worrying this form.

He needs help. I'm a bit miffed by Brands' comments because it's evident we do need more players.

That being said, his tactics are the same at the minute. As soon as we go behind he resorts to chucking loads of attackers on with no system.

I understand Lookman is out injured, but why is it taking so long to overcome a knock. He needs to sort it.

That's the worry mate, every time we go a goal down his subs just make us more disjointed. As soon as went a goal down thta was game over because he seems clueless to how to change system/shape.

Saturday is massive for him, all we have is the FA Cup so he has to put out a strong side and get a positive performance.

Make no mistake, he'll be under pressure of results and performances continue like this because it isn't acceptable

My point is that you can only bring the animals to the watering hole but you can’t make them drink. Games like city Marco was to blame but when we have the majority of possession and what seems to be the front foot the whole game the players need to capitalize

Yeah, I'm not sure how he is to blame for the setup today. Is it playing Walcott? DCL? Gomes, who was awful. He sat Coleman, that made a difference.

When you're team has the ball 60% of the time, you give up almost zero chances whatsoever, I'm not sure how that's Silva's fault.

I disagree. The games he played left before he went upfront he was better. He gave the team something more.

Yes I know he's had one or two decent performances up front, but I think in terms of a 90 minute performance he was better on the left.

Could just be me thinking this. Either way none of it is good enough.

He played two games left before his ban. TWO. In a team that was nowhere near the same team as it is now in terms of other personnel, really.

He then played 2 games - Arsenal and Fulham - as a left winger before being moved central. We went on our good run with him central, when the team was pressing high and playing good football.

He has played more times in the middle than on the left, and has had better games in the middle.

He isn't a winger. He's a forward. And more importantly, he's currently the only player we have who can play the role that Silva's system requires of a striker.

That's the worry mate, every time we go a goal down his subs just make us more disjointed. As soon as went a goal down thta was game over because he seems clueless to how to change system/shape.

Saturday is massive for him, all we have is the FA Cup so he has to put out a strong side and get a positive performance.

Make no mistake, he'll be under pressure of results and performances continue like this because it isn't acceptable

I agree, but then all of our players look completely shattered

Which is meaningless now though.
Imagine you had a choice of supporting, say, Aston Villa or Leicester. Would you go for seven titles a long time ago and a European Cup before most of your current fans were born, or would you go for the team that were the PL champions only three seasons ago?
Personally I’d have the latter.
After watching LCFC set up today? Are you kidding?

Silva really needs to sort this out. Lackadaisical and insipid today. The team hasn't performed today. Silva needs to show clear leadership in the next few weeks to get this season back on track.

He had a pass for this season, but that's going to vanish if there's too many more of these.
The last month has been terrible. I like mcguire. Shows spirit and heart. Both of which we lacked

Without trying to sound condescending or rub salt into the wounds that was far too comfortable for us second half. I usually fear the worst but at no point did I feel we were going to concede after we scored.

We were tragic as well for most of it but obviously the points are nice. Hope things get better for you soon

Indeed, your defence mopped everything up. Whether we put in a cross, corner or free kick, it felt like we’d never get past the first man, and if we did your biglads would win it anyway......

You could see we were the better team against Brighton and Leicester but we have no nous to open them up and not good enough players to lead the line nor good enough players to create. Brain farts at the back continue to happen. We sometimes over commit up top expecting a good delivery but it very rarely comes thus getting counter attacked often.
Would respectfuly disagree that we were the better team today. Leicester are a well diciplined, tacticly adept unit, with quality firepower on the break. We had more possession thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.